Wednesday 31 January 2024

End of Month Stitching Wrap Up

 I have rather surprised myself with how much I achieved this month.  I suppose the enthusiasm of a new year and some new challenge parties is always encouraging.  Also, it has been a relatively quiet month for us in general, which has created more time for playing.

So how did I go with my goals?

The Scrub Stitchin’ Bag ticked a couple of boxes, being the Chookshed Stitchers’ Challenge and the One Monthly Goal.  The little scrap was turned into a bookmark.

I worked on my split nine patches and then started “Fishy Business” for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I’m a bit ahead on the Just Two Charm Pack Quilt Along.

For my knitting or crochet project I crocheted twelve of my Spiked Granny Squares, so now have twenty one completed.

My hand stitching included the Srub Stitchin’ Bag and “What Sweet Delight” stitchery.

I worked on two donation projects, being the Winnie the Pooh baby quilts, which also ticked the box for using Monique to quilt them.

I completed three UFOs, being the two baby quilts and the “What Sweet Delight” stitchery.

Two other UFOs were worked on.  I added then next border to the Blue Quilt. Today at my patchwork group I started to remove the papers from the Dresden plates ready to applique onto the final border.

For the Laundry Basket Mystery Quilt I appliquéd four hexy flowers down and traced all the leaves and vines  ready to start the appliqué. 

I completed five projects, including the little bonus bookmark.

As you can probably guess, I managed to work on something for at least 15 minutes every day.

January = 31/31

Year to date = 31/31

Success rate = 100%.

I’m tired just reading all I did.  It is a dead certainty that I will not be that productive for most months during the year,  but it feels good to have made a positive start.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Great work! I'm always amazed how thise little bits of time add to my productivity. Lately I've been sitting outside on the patio after dinner for an hour and doing some type of handwork. Last night I completed a stitchery, and felt so pleased. Little things bring us joy.

Fiona said...

Great start to the year... you have certainly achieved a lot...
Hugz

Jennifer said...

Well done - a very productive month.

loulee said...

A great start to the year.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Yay! You've had a very productive month with lots to share. Everything looks great, but I especially love that picture of your crochet squares. Such bright happy colours. Are you using a specific palette or just your faves from your stash? Gorgeous!

dq said...

What a start to 2024! Every project is so lovely!
Keep the momentum, but enjoy the moments.

dq said...

Are you doing all your fish on the same background?

Chookyblue...... said...

Smashed it January........ So pleased to see your SS bag finished......