Tuesday 19 January 2010

I’m Happy

Mum found some ric rac in her stash that will work for my new tea towel.  I think it does the trick.

2010_0119January20100002

It also is Using What I Have (I think using Mum’s stuff counts – she is glad to have it used).  The ric rac is donkeys years old and the only thread I had that matched is also quite old.  I think this could be dated to about 1983, when my first work uniform consisted of a skirt in this colour.  The colour of the thread is probably the more true colour, the other is showing a bit too blue in the photo. I wasn’t that fussed on the uniform colour, as my school uniforms all the way through school were also green.

I forgot to show a photo of the wonderful storm clouds on Saturday afternoon.

2010_0117January20100003

We only ended up getting 10mm of good soaking rain.  A lady that lives about 2kms in the direction that this photo is looking towards got 80mm!!  I’m glad we missed that.  What we received was perfect.

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The ric rac is perfect...love the flower.

Joy said...

Love your blogpost title :o) ... just 2 lovely words :o).
That ric rac is just perfect for your tea towel!! I have a couple of old cards of ric rac too, don't you just love 'finds' like that :o)!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Sandi said...

The green ric-rac just finishes off the teatowel nicely. It's great to use up the bits and bobs you have in your (and mum's) stash. Glad to see you had a nice drop of rain.