Tuesday 13 April 2010

Travel Journal

An integral part of our bigger trips for me is keeping  journal.  I go into a lot (too much) detail and spend about an hour each night writing everything up. 

Albany Trip 2010 JH 2 193

It is the only way I can ever remember all the little details.  I love reading through them later.  It is amazing what memories they jog.

This time I just took a naked journal and planned to find a nice fat quarter to use to cover it.  I had no idea what type of design I would select.  However, as soon as I saw this aboriginal art inspired fabrics in Albany I knew it would be perfect.  The additional colours obviously represent the earth, sea and sky.

2010_0411April20100008

Once again I used Bloom’s tutorial for the basic construction.  It is such an easy and effective method.  I’m quite pleased with the outcome, although the colours look a bit washed out in the photo.  The colours in the one above are much truer to life.

2010_0411April20100043

A finish for April.

5 comments:

GerryART said...

Sure makes it easier to journal every day when your Journal's cover is inviting.
Hugs,
Gerry

Cubby House Crafts said...

Love your journal cover! Your colours match perfectly too!
Lisa

Sandi said...

Your new journal cover looks great! Nice job, Janice!

loulee said...

I enjoyed keeping a journal of our trip to NZ, though I didn't make a pretty cover for it.
I plan to take a journal to London when we go next month too. I really does help me to remember things. I think the act of writing everything down helps too.
Nice finish on yours.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for your trips. Looks great! It was so nice to meet you in person today. Can't wait to see you on the ride in a couple of weeks too. Look forward to see more of your sewing. :)