Monday, 11 January 2010

First Finish of the Year

Remember these little projects I’ve been making using the op shop linen skirt and four fat quarters that I posted about here?

Well, I’m determined to use as much of the  skirt  and the pink and green fat quarters as I can.  I suppose I’ve actually set myself a little challenge.

This is the latest completed little project. I used Bloom’s tutorial.

2010_0111January20100001

There wasn’t enough linen to do the inside flaps of the cover, so I added some of the bright pink fabric.  The lining (which you can’t see) is the white with tiny pink stars.


2010_0111January20100003
Surely that would use it all up, but no, I’ve still got this much left, along with lots of tiny bits of linen, the zip and a little bit of selvedge.

2010_0111January20100004 

I think the set in pockets could be incorporated into the lining of a bag – readymade pockets for keys and phone.  I was thinking of a pincushion for the leftover brights, but I might come up with something else yet.  We’ll see, I may be able to complete a couple more tiny projects….I’ve obviously got too much time on my hands.

It's going to be a scorcher here today, so I'm glad I'll be at work in the air conditioning.

3 comments:

Jelly Wares said...

Janice, I'm loving the 'fresh feel' your blog has to it now with the new template...

That journal cover is gorgeous!!! Great work on repurposing that old skirt, you're an inspiration..

Hugs
Jodie :)

bluebird-lyn said...

Hello Janice, love your journal cover....there is always away around things...Warm Regards Lyn

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely journal cover I have one of those nearly finished........