Sunday 8 March 2020

Making Progress in March

On Friday night I joined in with Friday Night With Friends, organised by Cheryll.

Firstly, I completed my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  The colour this month is teal or aqua.


I don't have any teal fabric in my 1930s stash and not much aqua.  This will have to do.  I'm having fun finding tiny images to feature in the one inch centre square of each block.



Next was my drunkard path blocks, which continue to challenge me and be very drunk.

By then it was getting close to the start of "Endeavour" on the TV, so a picked up my hand stitching (now that I have worked out that I need to have some hand stitching for FNWF).


I'm happy to report that my Christmas project for the month is now complete.  I just had to stitch down the binding, which I finished just before the show finished.  Perfect timing.  The runner is rather sparkly, as there is gold printing on all the fabrics, even though it doesn't show on the cream background in the photo.

I'll share more about this project soon.  It was fun to make.

Now I just have to get a wriggle on with my other projects for the month.

Thanks Cheryll for FNWF and Angela for Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

10 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful blue block and a cute centre block..
Your Drunken Paths look fine to me, well done.
Fabulous Challenge Christmas Runner and you reminded me i have christmas fabrics stashed away for that runner....

CathyC said...

WOW, love the Christmas Runner :) you have been busy :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your Holiday finish! It's SEW good to plan ahead. Your TEAL circles look nice and smooth from here and it was a great idea to fussy cut the centers of your 30's blocks. Adorable!!

Susan said...

your fussy cut centre is adorable. Love the drunkards path blocks - they look pretty sober to me!
I think I need to check out "Endeavour"

Radka said...

Such pretty log cabin block!
xx

loulee said...

Your blocks look great. And your finished runner.
I didn't get to join in on Friday sadly, too many other things going on.

Raewyn said...

I love your scrappy blocks Janice. I haven't looked for teal yet, it will be interesting what I can find. I love your Christmas runner - I see there's a post about it so will pop over there now :-)

Cheryll said...

Thanks for joining in FNwF... and for showing us what you worked on.
The "teal" blocks look gorgeous as does the runner...xox

Fiona said...

Love the pineapple block. I have some ready to start work and every time I see yours I want to just sew mine... maybe now I have given up on the tumblers I will take that one out for leader and ender..... the Christmas table runner is gorgeous too...
Hugz

Susie H said...

Your teal blocks are pretty but Endeavor stole my heart. Looking forward to the promised details!