Sunday 1 May 2011

Six More Sleeps

That’s right.  Only six more sleeps till our big adventure.

Today,on the sewing front, I should have been taking the hems up on these, ready to pack.

May 2011 023

But it was much more fun to be sewing this.

May 2011 010

Bec gave me some fabric scraps while we were at Nundle and I have made this lovely fresh table runner using a few spare layer cake fabrics.  I don’t know what the range is.  A couple of the fabrics, on their own, in a large piece, didn’t look that great, but in this mix they all work so well together.  Thanks for the gift, Bec.

May 2011 016

You may remember back here I was having some trouble with my quilting puckering. (I still haven’t finished it off – something to look forward to when I get back home in the depths of winter.) Well, Peg told me of a batting that is iron on, on both sides and kindly sent me a little sample to try.  Thanks so much, Peg.

May 2011 017

I was hoping for enough for a mug rug, but there was enough for this runner.  I love it.  It looks the same as cotton batting and is just a bit tacky on each side, not dotty like iron on pellon.  What a joy it was to quilt without needing any pinning at all.  I have some spray baste and I am guessing that the effect would be similar.  I’ll have to give it a go.

Anyway, I suppose I’d better get back to those hems.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Your table runner looks great. I would never be able to get my rows so straight.
Hope you got the jeans done.

Terry said...

Your runner is so pretty! I love the fusible batting and the spray basting too! Makes life so much easier! :0)

Chookyblue...... said...

nice runner.........have a fab time on your trip.........

Tracy said...

Your new table runner looks great. Quilting is much nicer than hemming.

Linda said...

Love the table runner..wonderful the way you quilted it!Have a great trip!!

Bec said...

It looks fantastic! This was pretty close to what I had planned to do with these fabrics; it was just one more project that didn't survive the cull! SO pleased you have used these....I found some more here and will post them to you.
I have been thinking that it won't be long till you leave; have a fantastic time!

Anonymous said...

I love this. So fresh. Is it a pattern or your design? I was wondering if I am advanced enough to figure it without a pattern?