Tuesday 31 August 2021

My Goals for August - How Did I Go?.

I enjoy looking back at the end of each month and checking in to see how I went on my goals.  Jotting them down here at the start of each month is really making me accountable.

Firstly, the stitching goals.

1.    ONE MONTHLY GOAL
Yes, the quilt is finished and on our bed. You can read about it here.

2.    WOOFA CHALLENGE
My goal didn't actually stipulate how far advanced I wished to be with this quilt, so I am happy to be as far advanced as I am.  I just need to rectify my boo boo, add a narrow border and the top will be complete.  You can read more about it here.

3.    ONE PROJECT A MONTH
I have more than one.  There are four.  Happy dance.


4.    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
Due to joining in on a lengthy Zoom day of stitching with Chooky and co, I have actually completed three little redwork blocks.  That is much more productive than I have been over the last several months. Only two more blocks to stitch.  Then I have to decide what I am actually going to do with them.

5.FRIDAY NIGHT WITH FRIENDS

It was fun joining in, even though I didn't achieve as much as I had wished.

6.    OTHER PROJECTS IN THE BACKGROUND

Well, those bibs and pencil cases are still waiting in the wings.  They aren't going anywhere.

7.    BONUS PROJECTS

I like it when in addition to my goals I have snuck in some other stitching.  Lots of girls are blaming squirrels.  I think they may have turned up here as well.

I made my quilt in a day.
My final little finishes are two pyramid lavender sachets using a great little tutorial I found here, competed today.  Just a bit of fun. The fabrics have been kicking around in my stash for years.  No idea where they came from. The one on the left would be from the 80s. The one of the right is a lawn that has obviously been used for garment sewing, looking at the shape of the scraps.  I'm guessing it would have been for a summer nightie, looking at the fabric design.  It could be 70s, or even earlier.  

So another month ends with quite a bit to show for it.  That is one bonus for not being aloud to travel.
Now for the non stitching goals.

1.    READ A BOOK
I had to get this one read early in the month, as it had to be returned to the library.  I've really enjoyed the Jane Harper books, but this one not quite as much as the previous.  Mind you, I will be looking forward to her next book.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE
I wasn't sure if this was going to happen as the month end drew closer, but I found a recipe for Banana and Peanut Butter muffins on the weekend.  They are nice, but I can't say I'm raving over them. They are bit crumbly.  We are still enjoying them with a nice cup of coffee.

3.    FRIDAY FUN DAY

Not really.  I had to work on a couple of them and we can't go anywhere. The closest we got was on the first Friday of the month, when we visited the op shops and had a wander around the art gallery.  I'm not too worried though.  It  has been nice to have some time at home.

4.    HAVE A WEEKEND AWAY IN THE CARAVAN

Obviously, this hasn't happened and we don't know when we are likely to be able to get away again.  We were supposed to be travelling for two weeks in the middle of this month.  Oh well, it isn't the end of the earth that we had to cancel.  We won't plan anything for the rest of the year, then we won't be disappointed.  When we do get to go away, it will be a bonus.

So that's it for another month.  I wonder what will be happening at the end of next month?  You never know at the moment.


8 comments:

loulee said...

You had a very productive month. With some great milestones.
Hmm, did I start something with my squirrel? LOL
Can you share the muffin recipe please? I know someone who would love them.

Maria said...

Well done with all your goals this month…..
I’m sure when borders open you’ll travel again.
I see you fixed the WOOFA challenge flimsy….

Jenny said...

You've done well with your monthly goals. Like you, we had planned a caravan trip, 3 weeks away, then lockdown happened here too. Never mind, we just have to be patient.

Cheryll said...

That was a great monthly roundup. You did really well too...
Stay safe...xox

kiwikid said...

You achieved a lot for the month Janice, great finish with your quilt and quilt top. Hopefully once more people get vaccinated you can have some trips away.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You've had a wonderful month of reaching your goals. I love those little Christmas stitcheries and your bed quilt looks AHHHHMAZING!!!

jude's page said...

Another productive month of projects, sorry about your travel restrictions though

Fiona said...

That was a productive month.....
Hugz