Thursday 31 May 2018

Picnic Quilt Finished - OMG Achieved for May


Finally, my picnic quilt, which I started at the beginning of April at the Scrub Stitchin' retreat, is done and dusted.  To have a quilt completely finished in just two months is nearly, but not quite, a record for me. The  only change to the original design was to add the grey floral border, which finishes it off  nicely and makes it fit the bed a bit better.

It has a lovely soft, summery feel to it.  Quite the opposite to the weather here at the moment, which is getting rather wintry, but that is to be expected, as tomorrow is the official start to winter.  I can see this being used on our bed in the summer, or in the caravan for a holiday feel.


Julie did a lovely job on the quilting.  The swirls suit the design perfectly.

I very happy to have a finish for Peg and Kris on OPAM and have met my May OMG.  I'm linking up here.

Now I have to decide what my goal will be for June.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

I do love that quilt Janice and great to start and finish so quickly..... it's really beautiful...

Hugz

Maria said...

looks fantastic Janice.
I really like the grey floral border.

Janice said...

Testing

Patty said...

That is a wonderful summery quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Anthea said...

oh it's just beautiful Janice... what a quick make & finish! Enjoy snuggling.
x

Gail said...

So pretty! Enjoy your colder weather it's 90F /32C here plus humidity, wanna trade?

Jenny said...

Your new quilt looks great and the quilting is wonderful too. Isn't having a finish wonderful, and yours was a really quick finish. Well done!