Sunday 3 April 2011

More Girls Day in the Country - Finally

I can’t believe that it is two weeks since GDITC and here I am still talking about it.  My excuse is that I hadn’t finished my project and I wanted to wait till then.

So, here is my version of Anni’s purse… finally finished on Friday night.

TA DA!

April 2011 009

And the back:

April 2011 011

It is a bit wonky, but I was rushing at the end of the day at Nundle, and I will just say that it is “naive”.  It will be handy to keep embroidery threads together when going to my sewing group.

These were the lovely ladies on our table.  They were a great group and we had a terrific day together.

Nundle March 2011 052

During the day Kerry drew out some lucky door prizes and I was one of the lucky winners. 

April 2011 001

Now I have a nice honey bun to play with.  The fabrics are a little Christmassy.  I have a pattern for a tree skirt using a honey bun, so this may just give the excuse to make it for this Christmas.

Another fun thing that Chooky arranged was a secret swap of a small item made using one of Anni’s patterns.  This is the gift I received.  It was made by Suzie and will look perfect in our bathroom.

April 2011 017

This is the little purse that I made.  I was pleased that Dale took it home.

March 2011 019

So that about wraps it up. On the Sunday, after a scrummy breakfast and browse in the shops, I headed back home through the Bylong Valley. I can always find something to take a photo of through there.

Nundle March 2011 054

I enjoyed the weekend so very much.  Thanks Kerry and Anni for putting together such a wonderful day. It was so nice catching up with ladies that I have met before and also to meet other friends for the first time.  If all goes to plan, I will definitely make the trip again next year.

8 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Love your purse and beautiful gifts swapped!
Lisa

Chookyblue...... said...

nice purse..........sad GDITC is all over until 2012........was lovely to see you again......lovely swap gooies and a great win with the honey bun..........

Terry said...

What a sweet purse! Love all the other goodies too! Looks like a great time! :0)

Cardygirl said...

Your purse looks great...mine is still a WIP!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your purse looks fantastic Janice and I know Dale loves her purse

Tracy said...

Glad you got your purse finished. I think it looks great. Looks like your drive home was nice too.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Janice your purse is gorgeous. Glad you finally got it finished. Love what you made and what Suzie made you. Anni's projects are so quick and easy.

Mamen said...

Hola desde España, me gusta tu blog pero no puedo hacerme seguidora para visitarte todos los días,
Te invito a visitar mi blog
http://patchworkconmamen.blogspot.com
Besos desde España
Mamen

Hello from Spain, I like your blog but I can not get fan to visit you every day
I invite you to visit my blog
http://patchworkconmamen.blogspot.com
Besos from Spain
Mamen