Sunday 9 May 2010

Happy Mothers Day

I hope all the Mothers out there had a lovely day.

I haven’t had the chance to see my Mum today, just chatted on the phone a couple of times, but tomorrow I will see her to give her this little gift.

2010_0509May20100102

The pattern is from Joy Patch and is shared on the Among The Gum Trees. It was so quick and easy to make.  I knew I didn’t have time to complete a stitchery, so just appliquéd a round fussy cut bouquet.  It looked quite bland, so I added the ric rac with little french knots, which looks much better.  I hope she likes it, as it is usually Mum giving me covered coat hangers.  They are so much nicer for hanging your clothes.

A little bit of recycling that I do is use thin strips of batting (about an inch and a half wide, or whatever I have), that have been cut off the edges of a quilt when trimming before binding, to wrap the timber coat hangers.  (I throw away nothing!)  Then just another smoother piece over the top of that gives a lovely plump finish.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is just beautiful and such a wonderful idea for a Mother's Day present. I will get to make these one day. They are on my to-do-list.

Joy said...

Wow Janice, that looks t'riffic!! I love your rosy applique' and the ric rac just finishes it off beautifully. I bet your Mum just loved it :o)!!! Hope you had a fabulous day ...
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Unknown said...

That's really lovely ! I hope you and your mum have a nice catchup .

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Beautiful - so lovely and sweet!! Thanks for the tip about using up those edges of wadding! :-)

Cardygirl said...

What a lovely gift for your mum.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I am sure your mum will be thrilled with her gift Janice.

Jodie said...

This is just perfect Janice!!! I bet your Mum just loved it...

Hugs - Jodie :)