Sunday 6 June 2010

Slowly does it

I’ve received one of those nasty emails from our internet provider advising us that we have nearly reached our download limit for the month. I don’t think I could handle a really slow internet speed, so instead of spending time reading  blogs, for the next week I will be sewing.  I will actually have something to write about when we click over to the next month. I’m going to upgrade to prevent a repeat performance.

Tonight I finally finished my Early Bird Christmas Journal cover.  Hopefully I will be able to use this for the next few years.

2010_0606June20100014

The only gift I have made so far is this little key ring from Judith’s pattern.  It has been finished for few days now, I’m just slow at sharing it.

2010_0606June20100013

Today I spent the day with a friend helping her to make a “Bow Bag”,  designed by Monica Poole, for her mother.  My friend is not a sewer (although she does beautiful cross stitch and knitting), and really enjoyed her day.  The end product should delight her Mum for her birthday in July.

2010_0606June20100009 Just as a little extra, I used some scraps to make a tissue pack cover.  I just fiddled to make a pattern.  Very simple.  I still need to add a closure.  This is the same range of fabric I am using to make my quilt.  I promise to finish the top very soon.  I think I’ll be making some tissue covers as well from my scraps.

So now I’ll be absent from blogland for a week or so.  I’ll have lots of catching up to do then.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

A great idea, Janice. Christmas sneaks up rather quickly.
It is fun sewing with friends.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The journal looks great Janice and so does the key ring I must start on those...
Your friend must be pleased with the bag it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Lovely items for Early Bird Christmas Crafting.
Love this bag. Can't wait til your bag on the blogging scene and we can see all your pics.