It's getting towards the end of the month, so time to share what stitching I have been up to since my last post.
Firstly, my One Monthly Goal has been achieved. The quilt top has been completed. I simply joined the blocks together with no sashing. It was a pain getting my points to match, as there is so much bulk at the points, but it is the best I can manage. However, I'm still happy I went that way, as I like the secondary pattern the white areas create. It was finished with a very simple two inch border.
I didn't get the chance to finish it completely this month, as my quilting fairy has a few other quilts ahead of me in the queue.
This is the pattern that I chose for the quilting. I think it should suit it well.
I have linked up with Elm Street Quilts. Thanks, as always for the encouragement.
The next project I have been working on is my Christmas stitcheries.
Just one more block stitched. I started this during our Zoom get together at the beginning of the month, but only finished it a couple of days ago. Surprisingly, I have completed an average of one block a month. I thought I was further behind than that. I do need to lift my game if I am to have a finished project by the end of the year.
I have worked on a couple of other little things.
We have been blessed in this part of the world, in that we have only had to wear masks during the last month or so. Finally, I have had a go at making a face mask. This was the prototype to work out sizing. This one fits Mick. I made one the same in a smaller size, but it was even too small for me. Now that I know the size to make it is time to make one for me in pretty fabric. That is the hardest part, what fabric to use.
When I went to make these I bought some narrow elastic, as all the soft elastic had sold out.
When I went to put it in the drawer I found this. Bonus! I had obviously bought some ages ago in anticipation of having to make masks and completely forgotten about it.
The final bit of sewing I have done was a bit more utilitarian. Our flannie sheets still have plenty of life in them, but our pillow cases are getting a bit threadbare.
Time to make some new ones. It is hard to find any flannelette that isn't juvenile or grey, so this is the best I could come up with. I just used our old pillow cases for dimensions and made some notes to make it quicker for the next time I make some.
As the month hasn't come to an end as yet, there may still be a bit more stitching to share.......if I get my butt into gear.