After setting myself some goals for March that I thought would be very achievable I had a great big fail.
Why? Well, the fact that we were away for two weeks at the start of the month and then another four days away last weekend didn't help, but I seemed to have lost my motivation. Why? I think the chaotic state of my sewing room has a great deal to do with it.
Oh well, April is another month and I expect that I will pick myself up, dust myself off and venture into the temple of doom, do the ironing, try to excavate my cutting mat and find a home for the plethora of "Stuff" burying my sewing table. Wish me luck.
Having said that I do have a little to share.
It is hard to tell, but Joey is sitting on my Doiley Quilt that I received back from my quilting fairy at the end of last week, just before we went away. Therefore, I haven't had time to add the binding. I am so looking forward to having this completed. Don't you love how cats make a bee line for any quilt placed on the floor and act as if it was there just for their pleasure. After I took the photo, poor Joey was sent packing. I don't want cat hair all over it before it is finished.
My One Monthly Goal and my WOOFA Challenge goal was to finish the Scrub Stitchin' bag, ready to take to this year's Scrub Stitchin' the week after Easter. I needed to applique the EPP panel to the bag, then applique the stitchery before constructing the bag. All I have achieved is to complete half the applique of the panel. I still want to have it finished for Scrub Stitchin', and it is quite possible. Therefore, a fail for OMG, which I am really sad about, but I made a little progress, so a win for WOOFA. I'll link up over at Cheryll's blog, so you can see what the other girls achieved.
I do have one little finish for Kris' One Project a Month. I added some trim to a tea towel to cover the stove top in our caravan. It has turned out rather cute. It was very satisfying to actually have something completed for the month, especially as it was not on the radar at all.
I had hoped to complete three Christmas blocks, but only complete one.
I had grand plans of hand stitching for at least 15 minutes each day. I did too, for the first half of the month. One needle full of thread each night. What I didn't bargain on was how much I now rely on my magnifier light for hand stitching. Therefore, the fiddlier parts of the two other stitcheries have been left until I returned home, when, as I said, my motivation flew out the window. It won't take a lot to finish these blocks, before working on the next ones.
Oh, and as I can't see my cutting mat, I didn't get my blue quilt cut out.......again...... I will soon, I promise.
So there you go, a little achieved, but not much. It doesn't matter. I'll get back to it when I'm in the mood and there is always Scrub Stitchin' in just a week's time to get me motivated.