Sunday 31 January 2010

Another Block Finished and Flea Market Finds

At our craft group yesterday I finished Block 8 of Verandah Views and have nearly finished the cornerstone blocks as well.  That means I will have to start looking out fabrics to piece it all together.  I still have the label to embroider, but I can continue with that each fortnight when we sit and stitch.

2010_0131January20100004

I had to chuckle when I showed this block to Mick.  He read it out and then added “and watch out for snakes”!  He knows me too well.  I’ve always got my eyes peeled, and fortunately haven’t seen any more lately.

I’ve noticed a few blogs with titles “Flea Market Finds” today and thought I might join in.

These few linens are recent purchases for next to nothing.  The house is actually a tea cosy, although it has not padding.  I have plans for this one.

2010_0131January20100006

I also have plans for this lovely embroidered doiley.

2010_0131January20100008

This peg apron is quite stained and worn, so is just for posterity.  I seem to have quite a few  lots that I have bought “just because”. I like to think of all the use it must have had – probably for wooden dolly pegs on an old “clothes props” clothes line.

2010_0131January20100010

The last two came from the Australia Day Red Cross Stall.

6 comments:

Bec said...

Lovely finds; maybe the apron belonged to a Peg???
Lovely little stitchery; and I agree with Mick 'watch for snakes'! Have you had any this year???

marian said...

oh i love them all especially that sweet little peg apron

Sandi said...

Looking forward to seeing 'verandah view' put together. Great finds as usual, you seem to find lots of fabulous things.

Snooze said...

Great finds ... and really unusual. I look forward to see what you make with it.

Judith Tetley said...

Hi Janice....love your vintage finds. Great to see you at the tail end of your Verandah Views design by the lovely Cheryl. I only have that block to do as well...you've reminded me that I must find a moment to get back to it.
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com.au

Kate said...

Oh yeah! I'm exactely the same with the snakes. LOVE that little house tea cosy. Why don't you pop your link in at Herlibraryadventures so other people can come and check out your finds.