Saturday 4 September 2021

A Little Bit of Stitching

I've managed to get a little bit of stitching done in the last day or so.
Yesterday evening was Friday Night with Friends hosted by Cheryll.

I was planning to be very productive, but got sidetracked by a book I was reading.  As I've mentioned before, I'm a bit of a binge reader, so I settled in and finished my book.  After that I went into the sewing room.
By bed time I had made another five bibs to be donated.......except for the snaps.  I will get to those at some stage.

So, not a great deal of stitching, but it was still a couple of hours in the sewing room and more achieved than I would usually of an evening.
This morning was another Zoom gathering organised by Chookyblue.  This time it just went till lunch time, which was still enjoyable.  Quite a few girls popped in and out.  There were often twelve on at a time.
My project of choice for these times has been my little redwork blocks for my Christmas project.  I just about completed my next block while stitching with everyone else and then finished it off after lunch.
This is how much thread I have left.  I still have one more block to stitch, so will have to get another skein, so I'm not sure if I will get the second block completed this month.  We'll see how we go.

I'm going to have to think of another hand work project to work on, as that is by far the easiest while chatting away.
After that I went into my sewing room and made a couple of more caravan decorated tea towels.  They are a fun and quick little make.

Now to decide what to work on next.

14 comments:

loulee said...

You're right of course. handwork is definitely the way to go when zooming. It's nice to relax and listen to the conversation.
I hope you get some more of your thread soon. That reminds me, I must make a start on my September ornament.

Maria said...

Cute bibs Janice and really like those caravan tea towels......
It's always great to join Chooky and all the ladies for our Zoom meeting.
Wonder if I'll EVER get up at 4am, like Sylvia, to join in at the start. 😉

Gail said...

The bibs are darling-some little one's Mama will really like them! The little stitcheries are adorable--too bad about the thread shortage. I'd send you some except that I've never seen that brand before! Stitching with the Chookshed girls is always a blast and I am always happy to see each and every one of you!

Janet O. said...

Those are awfully cute bibs.
Chooky's Zoom is always a good time, and it was fun to see you again. Your redwork block is very festive--can't believe how close you cut it on the thread by the time you finished this block!
Fun tea towels!

Fiona said...

cute bibs...
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Love the cute bibs. Yes handwork is easiest when on Zoom. The tea towels look great. Hugs, xx

Cheryll said...

I LoVe those bibs...so CuTe... and the tea towels look great.
Thanks for joining in FNwF too...xox

kiwikid said...

Was lovely to see you yesterday, the bibs are super cute as are the caravan towels. You did well on Friday night, hope you enjoyed the book.

Jenny said...

The little bibs are so cute, do you use flannel for the backing? And of course being a caravanner too I love those caravan themed tea towels!

Susan said...

The bibs are very cute - lucky you with the thread!

ButterZ said...

That’ was a close call with the thread. Hope you get more soon.
You have made very cute tea towels. Do you just sew the fabric on the right side of towel.

jude's page said...

Hope you can get more thread easily, and those bibs are so cute. Sorry to miss zoom, pity i don't "do" hand work.

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work on the bibs and I love those tea towels. Are they your own design or is there a link as to how to make them? I would love to find out how.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice bibs Janice, did not see them at the Zoom party. So much fun to chat and stitch with everyone. Like your tea towels.