I know I say it every month, but I don't know where the time has gone. I do know that I have been more productive than in the last couple of months.
So, it is time to do a check in with my month's goals.
1. ONE MONTHLY GOAL.
This was to complete the Vintage Linens Quilt. Quite achievable, as all I had to do was add the binding.
Ta da! All completed. The last stitches were added at Scrub Stitchin'.
I'm super happy to have this quilt finished. It is so different from what I usually create, being so soft, but I do really love it. I'm linking up over at Elm Street Quilts. The encouragement really helps.
2. WOOFA CHALLENGE
Cheryll encourages us to make progress on a UFO or start working on one of those kits or patterns that we have saved for "one day". This month I was determined to finally finish my Scrub Stitchin' Bag from three years ago, after several false starts.
3. CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
I didn't achieve a great deal, but today I did at least finish off the two blocks I started last month. Better than nothing.
4. ONE PROJECT A MONTH
Well, I must say I am happy to add a couple of more items to the above ones.
Firstly, I made four little butterfly fridge magnets while at Scrub Stitchin'.
Then, well, actually this came first, I made a cute little zippy purse. This was for the "Make it, Bake it or Fake it" swap we had at Scrub Stitchin'.
I was running out of time and had little idea what to make, when I had a brainwave and dived into my "Spare Parts" bag from my Block Heads quilt.
Some tiny HST and flying geese, with left over sashing fabric turned into a cute little bag. I then remembered that I had purchased some little "Handmade" tags, and even found them stashed somewhere safe.
The only suitable zip on hand was grey, which I thought would be a bit drab, so added some contrasting tabs to the ends for a pop of colour. Finish it off with a pretty lining and ribbon on the zip and it was done. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.
5. BLUE JOCELYN PROUST QUILT
I finally made a start on this quilt.
I made twenty of the forty blocks required. There are five of each print. I have since made another five blocks, so only fifteen more to go. I'm happy with that.
Considering all the other things we have been doing, I'm pleased with my progress. Thank goodness for Scrub Stitchin', both for giving me the time and inspiration to get things done.
Now I have to work out what to work on next month.