Friday 23 October 2020

Trail Mix - Ta Da!

My main goal this month was to add the binding to Trail Mix.  

I made a start on the long weekend at the beginning of the month.


As the weather was glorious I took my baby Stella sewing machine out onto the back verandah and stitched the binding on.  


Other than trimming the excess fabric I didn't do any more until last weekend when I joined in with Chookyblue's Zoom get together for the morning.  I was only able to join in for a few hours and in that time hand stitched down two sides of the quilt.


Finally, yesterday I took it out onto the front verandah and stitched the rest down.  There is nothing nicer than sitting in the sun stitching away. Very relaxing.


This was my view overlooking the paddock across the road.  It is a racing stables, so we see horses as well as the resident mob of about 15 roos.  It's funny that we see more roos now that we are back in town than we ever saw when we lived out of town.  A few of the males are having some fisty cuffs lately as they vie to be the top male.


Mick decided to take a photo as soon as I finished it.  I think I was a bit happy.


Ta da!

Inspiration came from Deana of Dreamworthy Quilts who was making one during our Zoom get together back in June.
Trail Mix is a free pattern from All People Quilt
It is finished at 80 inches square.
My friend Val quilted it.  I love the swirly pattern she used.
The entire quilt, including backing was made from scraps and stash.
The batting is a wool/poly, so should be nice and warm on our bed next winter.  The colours look nice and cosy, so it will be a good winter quilt.

At the end of the month I will be linking up with Elm Street Quilts for One Monthly Goal and Kris of Tag Along Teddies for One Project a Month.

Now to decide what to work on next.

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh I just loooooovvveee it.... I will have to do one next year... I love yours so much - the colours the quilting and the border... it is all wonderful.... no wonder you are so pleased and smiling with it!

Hugz

Jenny said...

What a lovely place you have to sit and stitch outside! Congratulations, it's a great finish.

Cheryll said...

That's fantastic Janice... congrats on a wonderful finish...xox

Susan said...

What a great effort - June to October - and Done!!
Great that you can stitch outside too

simplestitches said...

beautiful! well done on getting it done so quickly, mine still in the one day pile....love the quilting and what a delightful outlook of sitting and relaxing or sewing.

bettsylyn@hotmail.com said...

I love this. I have always wanted to make this. In fact I still have the original magazine ( American Patchwork and Quilting) it appeared in. So congratulations to you for getting it done so quickly.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh it is beautiful Janice and it looks like the perfect spot to sit and stitch down your binding. Well done....great finish xx

Maria said...

What a lovely spot to sit and finish stitching the binding on Trail Mix..
A beautiful finish.

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish Janice, it looks wonderful! You should be very happy and proud. Lovely to sit outside and stitch.

Patty said...

Great way to bind a quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

dq said...

You live in a beautiful place, and your Trail Mix is gorgeous as well!