It is nearing the end of the month, so time to make myself accountable to the One Monthly Goal.
My goal this month was to turn my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks into a quilt top and make the "Grandfather Clock" block for the Splendid Sampler 2 quilt.
The quilt top has now been put together and I'm pleased with how it looks. I wasn't able to get it quilted this month, as my Quilting Fairy went on holidays - the hide of her! She will be back next week, so it will be quilted well before Christmas. You can read more about it here.
The Grandfather Clock block has been made today. Fiddly, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I was even able to pop another little elephant in there. It will be fun to find all the little elephants on the finished quilt. I've been able to pop them into quite a few blocks.
I completed the embroidery section of this block quite a few months ago, but at the time, overlooked adding the borders. It looks much better now.
I had a count up, and I now have 89 completed blocks. The remaining ones are mainly rather fiddly, so I'm tossing up whether to do them all, or call it quits at 90 blocks. Half of me wants to say I've done them all, while half of me wants to get it finished and move onto something else. After I've done one more block I may start doing some sashings........once I've decided how to finish it........I really can't make up my mind.......and as I work on that I will decide if I want to make the extra blocks. We'll see. The main thing is that there are no quilt police and I am doing this for my enjoyment, not to become a burdensome chore.
Having said all that, I found some new 1930s fabrics in Spotlight today and had to add them to my stash. There will definitely be another quilt (or two or three) made from my
little decent sized collection of 1930s fabrics.
I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts. Pop over and see what others have achieved.