Thursday 30 July 2020

One Monthly Goal Completed for July

There's nothing like leaving things till the last minute.......

My goal this month was to complete my stitcheries from a workshop I did many years ago and turn them into a completed table runner.

If I achieved my goal I would tick three boxes - One Monthly Goal, One Project a Month and the WOOFA Challenge.



Ta da!  

I really didn't know how I would set it.  In the end I made a rather simple setting.  The fabrics around the edge and the stripe were provided in the workshop.  I found the floral in my stash.

I'm not in love with the finished product, as it is so busy, but it is done, which is the main thing. I can see it being brought out when we have afternoon tea with a teapot and pretty cups.

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts and Gone Stitchin'.  Pop over and see what the other girls have achieved.

I'm forever grateful to the ladies who run these challenges, as they really give me the drive to get things done.  Otherwise, it would be all too easy to put them off till another time.

I'll pop back tomorrow with the wrap up of all my goals for July.  

10 comments:

Maria said...

Great to have it finished and it is a pretty table runner and as you said will look nice with fancy tea cups ...

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I must say your pineapple block in dark blue is very striking. Your Blockhead blocks are lovely too.
I think your runner is so pretty and it came together perfectly. Kudos are a great finish.

Fiona said...

This month went by so fast! the runner is very pretty and perfect for teatime with pretty cups...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on such a pretty finish....tea & cake the perfect combination.

Jenny said...

Very pretty, just the thing for a tea party!

Cheryll said...

The new table runner will make afternoon tea even more special.
Well done on another completed WOOFA.
Great work...xox

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish Janice, it looks lovely. You will enjoy it with your tea things.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Beautiful table runner. We are never satisfied with our own work, I think. And you know if it wasn't for the last minute nothing would ever get done!
Well done.

Patty said...

Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

dq said...

Your cupcake blocks turned out so cute in this wonderfully finished runner!