If you pop back here you will see that I had set myself quite a few stitching goals for the month of February.
For the second month running, I am very happy to report that they have all been met. Let's have a run down.
My goal was to continue to work on Splendid Sampler 2 by making two blocks and adding the sashing borders to 20 blocks .
This block had templates in the instructions. I tried that method and ended up with a red hot mess. I drew up foundation papers and used that method. It worked a treat.
Oh no! More curved piecing. Not my most favourite piecing method, but it is done. Happy dance.
My sashing borders have been started and I like the look. Phew! Only 80 more to do......oh, and still a few more blocks to make.
I even joined in on Friday Night With Friends arranged by Cheryll again this month. A good incentive to be productive.
I'm also participating in Cheryll's WOOFA Challenge and I wanted to progress my rabbit mat.
As expected, I didn't get it finished, but I did achieve my goal of adding the rest of the red triangles around the edge. Now I just have to work out how to quilt it and add the binding. A bit of fiddling will be involved I think. I'm very pleased to be getting closer to finishing this little sucker.
Orange was the colour this month and I made all the blocks as I had hoped.
I still don't like making Drunkard Path blocks, but will persevere.
There were four blocks released this month. Yes, I'm up to date.
The first block was Birdhouse. When I first saw it I didn't like it and was seriously considering doing one of the alternative options provided. I ummed and aaahed for a couple of weeks, procrastinated, made up my mind, changed my mind, pulled fabric, changed my mind and decided to do the original block, pulled fabric, changed my mind, pulled different fabric and ended up with this. It think it turned out rather cute.
The next block was "Love". It was a nice and easy foundation pieced block. However, once I posted it on the Moda Blockheads Facebook group page I realised I had made a boo boo on the "E". I see that I am not the only one, but it was going to annoy me, so today I decided to fix it up.
I made the replacement and when I went to remove the old "E" notice that my new "E" was too small! It turned out that my printer was set at "Fit to" rather than "100%". Blast!!!
Third time lucky. It was worth the effort of fixing it up.
Last week's block was "Magic". It was a bit fiddly too, with all those half square triangles.
The three blocks above will finish at 8 inches.
This week's block was a very simple one, so I made the 6 inch version. If I had been sensible and used any old fabric it would have taken about ten minutes to make. Not me. Oh no, I wanted to be all fancy with mitred vees. The only thing was that the stripes weren't exactly 45 degrees. I had to do a little fiddle to get the vees to match. Therefore I stitched the centre seam. Then to add the white triangles I had to undo a bit of the seam. After quite a bit of unnecessary fiddling, it is done.
This is what the first few blocks look like together. I think I like the look. You choose what size of each block you make. I saw one setting idea that I liked, which has four quarters. Each quarter has three 12 inch blocks, four 6 inch blocks and seven 8 inch blocks. I think it should work well.... unless I change my mind along the way.
My final goal for the month was to complete a Christmas project. This is the little goal that Loulee and I have going on the sideline.
I enjoy making these little ornaments, so another one will not go astray.
This is my only finish to report to Kris for OPAM.
As for a new Leader and Ender project. Well, I sort of started one, but I'm not sure where I will go with it. I like the look of birch tree blocks and thought this could be a way to use tiny scraps. However, I think I need to plan just a little before sewing. We'll see how we go. I might try something different next month.
Now to plan for next month and try to keep up with everything.