Wednesday 14 April 2010

Baby Bibs

A workmate from years back recently had her first baby, so, of course I had to get the sewing machine out and made a selection of bibs for her.

This little group are for now.

2010_0411April20100001

This one is for when she is a bit bigger.

2010_0411April20100006I love making bibs.  They are so quick and easy and I get to play with fabrics that are “cute”, which I normally don’t get to do.

When my friend opened her gift she announced that this was the first hand made gift she had received for her new little girl.  How things have changed from when there were lots of hand knitted outfits, shawls, rugs and other bits and pieces.

Another finish for April, and all from the stash.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh, those little bibs are so sweet! Yes, handmade is so much nicer, and people appreciate the love and thoughtfulness that has gone into the making of it.

Jewells said...

So cute. I had fun making bibs last year...I also made matching Burp Cloths... never had them in my day...we just threw a nappy over the shoulder..but today people don't use cloth nappies... handmade gifts are so much nicer than bought ones...AND they last longer, not fall apart after the second wash...cheers..Jewells

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Janice the bibs are just too cute..and your journal cover is lovely...well done on the finishes..

Jenny of Elefantz said...

They are the sweetest things, Janice!