Thursday 2 May 2019

A Stitching Start to the Month

I am not going to get a chance to stitch much this month, so my One Monthly Goal is very simple.


All I am aiming to do is to embroider "Gran's Legacy" for Splendid Sampler 2.  We will be travelling, so who knows if I will get much of a chance to stitch.  It may be done in just a few days time, or it may be a last minute rush at the end of the month, but I hope not.


I have also packed some crochet.  I bought a Carron Cake last year, but still haven't started it.  I have two patterns printed out and my crochet hook packed, so my aim is to at least start on a simple triangular scarf.  I'm not aiming to finish it, but at least make some progress from a ball of yarn.  I haven't done any crochet for a while, so I'm itching to do this.


Last weekend, at the Balloon Festival I did get the "Simply Bliss" block for Splendid Sampler 2 finished, by doing the embroidery.  I think she turned out rather cute.  I just need to add a few stitches to "My Happy Place" and it will be finished too.

I have already got in nice and early with a couple of projects this month.


The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour this month is orange.  That was nice and quick to do.  Unfortunately, two of the blocks weren't leaders and enders, but that doesn't matter.  At least they are done.

I'll be linking up at So Scrappy.

It would have been disappointing to not have a finish for One Project a Month hosted by Kris,  and the perfect project popped up.  One of those "I must make...." projects.  Just call me "Gunna".  It often seems that there needs to be a sense of urgency before anything happens.


Well, I wanted to pack our deep porridge bowls in the caravan and don't want them to break.  Ta da! Finally, a couple of bowl cosies.

That's going to be about it this month, but better than nothing.

I took my sewing machine in for a spa treatment yesterday, as it is a very long time since she has had any attention, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.  I'm looking forward to getting her back ready to stitch lots next month.

I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

You are well prepared with stitching and crochet projects for your trip away in the caravan. Where are you heading to? Wishing you safe travels and many adventures while you are away. Good on you for doing your orange REC blocks early!

Fiona said...

you look well set for your travels.... I love the little sewing lady block... such a lovely expression....
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Lovely stitchery project for when you are away. Love the stitching lady. The crochet pattern looks interesting, safe travels and have a wonderful time.

Maria said...

Loving the " Gran's Legacy"block and the cute sewing lady too.
Some nice projects to take on your travels...
Nice bowl cosies and blocks...
Have a happy holiday...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sweet stitchery and lovely progress on your other projects. Safe and happy travels xx

Susan said...

That is a great stitchery, and I hope you have time to do it. I used to love stitching as we traveled, but we were full time in our 5th wheel, so I had a lot of driving time. Travel safely!

Patty said...

Lovely stitching project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a lovely array of projects. I like them all. I also like how you are not putting pressure on yourself to finish this or that. You are quite productive and the pleasure is in the doing. Have a wonderful trip.