Sunday 28 February 2021

My February Stitching Goals Report - By the Skin of my Teeth.....

Time to check in with how I went with my stitching goals for February.  You can see what they were back  here.  I finished the last goal I could fit in just now.  There are still six hours left in the month.  Nothing like leaving things to the last minute.

1    ONE MONTHLY GOAL

My goal was to complete the quilt top of Moda Blockheads 3. 
I was very happy to meet that goal in the middle of the month, just in time to deliver it to my quilting fairy along with the Vintage Linens quilt.

The sad news is that I wasn't the only one who was delivering quilts, so unfortunately I was not able to receive both quilts back ready to add the binding.

The happy news is that I received a phone call late on Friday afternoon to let me know that, as I only wanted edge to edge quilting on Blockheads 3, it was all done.
Therefore, I went over straight away to pick it up and on Saturday morning added the binding by machine and then had a marathon stitching session on Saturday afternoon, while watching the car races up on Mount Panorama, hand stitched down the binding.
Phew!  But it was so worth it to have this quilt finished this month.  I'll do a proper post when I can get a better photo of the finished quilt.

2.    WOOFA CHALLENGE

My main WOOFA Challenge goal this month was Blockheads 3, so that was easily ticked off the list.

In the background, my other goal was to progress the Scrub Stitchin' bag.
This is what I was working on until late this afternoon.  I have the EPP panel stitched together.  It looks so nice and fresh.  I haven't added the stitchery panel, as I think it will be easier to add after I have appliqued the EPP panel to the body of the bag.  I'm pleased to have made some progress, and will continue to work on it next month.

3.    VINTAGE LINENS QUILT

As I have already mentioned, it is still with my quilting fairy.  It would have been nice to have it finished, but I didn't expect to have Blockheads 3 finished, so a fair trade off.  Fingers crossed it will be quilted this month.  I have the binding all ready to go, so once I receive it back it will be all systems go.

4.    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
My goal was to complete the stitchery on two of the Love and Hugs blocks from last year.  As I've often mentioned, hand stitching is not my favourite thing to do, so it takes a bit to get me motivated.  Therefore, these were only completed in the last few days as well.  Thank goodness for goal setting, or nothing would happen.  The silly thing is, once I start I do enjoy it, and many of my favourite projects have hand stitching elements.  I just need that kick up the butt to get me started.

5.    ONE PROJECT A MONTH.

I was starting to despair that there would be no finish this month, as time was running out.  Now, I have one almighty big finish in Blockheads 3, so that makes me smile.

6.    CUT OUT A NEW QUILT

Fail!  I wanted to have my new blue quilt cut out and ready to go, but it didn't happen.

I worked out a cutting list, and was just waiting to finish my other goals before starting.  Now, I've been thinking about it, and have decided I will use a slightly different method to construct my blocks, so need to create a new cutting list.  I know this all sounds rather cryptic, but it will make sense once I do make a start on the quilt.

So, not too bad an effort.  

I'm now in a really strange place, as I don't have any long term quilts on the go, for the first time a quite a few years.  Time to think about which of the many lovely options out there to work on.  I won't rush into any decision just yet.

Thanks to all the wonderful ladies out there that set the challenges I am following.  They are the motivation I need to achieve my goals.

9 comments:

Vireya said...

Congratulations on your finished Blockheads quilt! It looks great.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Congrats on your finish...beautiful quilt.
Have a great day!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

What a beautiful quilt. Love the soft colors.

Cheryll said...

Great finish on your quilt (looks wonderful) and I congratulate you on completing your WOOFA challenge this month...xox

Ali Honey said...

Looks like you got plenty done to me. There's a lot of work in that!

Fiona said...

Youve' done well... I just love your Blockheads quilt.. it is so fresh and pretty
Hugz

dq said...

You accomplished a ton even without counting your surprise big finish!
Check, check, and check - feels good doesn't it!

Raewyn said...

Well done Janice!! Your Blockheads is beautiful - even without the 'better photo'! I love the layout of the blocks. And great work on your other achievements too :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

You did well to get to the point of no long term major projects.... Don't think I'll ever get to that point......