Thursday 28 February 2019

One Monthly Goal - Orange Table Runner

This month I decided it was finally time to get my act together and make the table runner for our outdoor table that matches the place mats and coasters I previously made.  It has only taken me a couple of years of looking at the fabric to get around to it.

The first hurdle was to decide on a pattern - there are so many great ideas out there.  That was decided several months ago, but I still didn't get around to making it. 

Finally, coming up with a goal for this rather busy month was the push I needed.


Ta da!  I'm pleased with how it has turned out.  


It then took me a while to decide how to quilt the finished top.  Looking at several versions on Pinterest, they mainly outlined the design.  I tend towards simple straight line quilting, as the runners sit nice and flat.  Once again, I'm happy with my choice.


Now, doesn't every dining table need an old Willcocks and Gibbs sewing machine relic as a centre piece.  We bought this one years ago at a clearing sale.  We think they went and retrieved whatever they could from the farm rubbish tip in a wash away and painted them black.  It is a nice sculpture or door stop, if nothing else.  We do have a working version in the entry hall.

I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts over here.  Pop over to see what the other creative ladies have achieved.  It is also a finish towards One Project a Month with Kris.

8 comments:

Kerry said...

Hi Janice,
Outstanding tablerunner, colours are great!!

Did you make it up in your head, or was this a pattern ?
cheers Kerry

Fiona said...

Oh wow, what a fantastic finish... the colour contrasts are just right and I agree the quilting is perfect for it... what a fun 'sculptor' for your centrepiece…

Hugz

Maria said...

Looks fantastic Janice....

Run 'n Stitch said...

What a great table runner! I love the colors.

loulee said...

Lovely finish. Ermmm, I thought you said it was for the outdoor furniture? LOL

Lynette said...

Great job - the straight line quilting is perfect on this. Love the perky fabric - so nice to look at when we've still got snow coverage outside, with more to come!

Patty said...

That looks awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Pam said...

Great finish. Loved reading about your motorcycle adventures as well. We have a ural and sidecar