Tuesday 26 October 2021

October's Stitching

Reading my most recent posts you would think that I have turned into a travel blogger and not been doing any stitching.  One thing about being able to be out and about is that my stitching time is reduced.  However, I have still been getting some done.

I was a bit frustrated by my Janome sewing machine needing a service.  Finally, once lockdown had been lifted I was able to take it and Mick's Mum's Elna in to the shop that arranges services.  I hadn't used this person before.  I was delighted to have them back in just a few days and my Janome is running like a dream again.  It was fine using my Mum's Elna, but I do appreciate needle up and needle down, as well as the knee lift.

Let's see how  my goals for the month went.

1.    ONE MONTHLY GOAL    

Firstly, I was lucky enough to be one of the winners in last month's draw, being the recipient of a $25 voucher to the Fat Quarter Shop.  Thanks Patty for drawing out my name.

My goal this month was to fill a post pack with Santa Sacks to send down to Jan Mac in Melbourne for children in need.
I managed to make fifteen, which I am happy about.

2.     WOOFA CHALLENGE

This month I planned to work on another donation quilt.  
I had hoped to have this totally completed, but all these days out have eaten into my time.  I did get the top together on Sunday, so I should at least get it finished next month.  Its a nice and cheerful quilt.

3.    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

I didn't make any progress on a project with my redwork stitcheries - still procrastinating.  I did start a secret project but no pic - it's secret.

4.    MAKE A DONATION PROJECT

The first two projects are for donations, which is nice.


It was fun to join in.


I think fifteen Santa sacks will count.

7.    ZOOM SEWING    

This didn't end up happening, but there is always next time.

8.    MY LAUNDRY BASKET MYSTERY QUILT
 I wasn't sure how far I would get with this quilt.  I managed to add the borders and have it to my quilting fairy fairly early in the month.  I think the borders ended up suiting it really well.

She worked her magic and had it back to me last week.  Slack me has not prepared the binding as yet.  I need to get on to that and get it finished.  I'm looking forward to having it on our bed for a while.  I love swapping out the quilts, as a different quilt gives the room a whole new look.  Something else I would like to have finished next month.

I like to thank the girls who arrange the challenges I join in.  They make stitching such fun.

The month isn't over yet, so I may get to sneak in a little more, but there are other plans afoots, so we'll see how we go.

16 comments:

Kathryn T said...

Firstly - love the Laundry Basket quilt. I never put borders on mine, but yours suit perfectly. Love the Santa sacks too. Congrats on FQ $25 voucher. My fave online shop. A voucher like that would cover postage for me and no doubt yourself as well so its just lovely. I never mind how long it takes to arrive, when it turns up its always a surprise.

Fiona said...

Well done with the charity sewing... yoiu got heaps done and they are lovely. I remember having that fun stocking fabric which I used as a backing on a Christmas quilt... Your mystery quilt is fabulous..... love it... enjoy your voucher...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

The Santa Sacks look wonderful Janice, I am sure they will make many children very excited. Love your donation quilt, great colours. Your Laundry Basket quilt is stunning, quilting looks great to. You have had a productive month.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on the Santa sacks. You certainly managed to fit in a lot of stitching this month.

Maria said...

You did well with your challenges in between your travels…
Great getting the post pack filled with Santa Sacks. They’ll be much loved and also the bright. Community quilt.
The Laundry Basket Mystery I’d gorgeous……

cityquilter grace said...

very nice finish janice...and i agree about the border...

marina said...

Looks like you still managed to work on some lovely projects.
Love your laundry basket quilt, it's stunning.
Your donation quilt is so pretty and lots of lovely sacks.

loulee said...

Another very accomplished month. Two very lovely quilts amid all that Christmas goodness.

Susan said...

Great work on the Santa Sacks. and your WOOFA project is a great idea for scraps & charity quilts..must remember it.

The mystery quilt has turned out very well - lucky to get it quilted so quickly too.

Susan said...

and a post script - is the WOOFA a pattern you bought?? can you share the name?? thanks

jude's page said...

Some great progress made, love the donation quilt, and also the mystery one, and do enjoy your travel posts as well

Flickenstichlerin said...

You did so well this month. Beautiful finished sacks and the quilt top and an almost finished quilt, that is just gorgeous. Amazing work for one month.

Patty said...

Love those Santa sacks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish! And congrats again for winning last month.

Jacquie said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog Janice. I love your quilts and hope you get some beautiful spring weather to enjoy. It is my favourite time of year.
Jacquie x

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I definitely think 15 Christmas Bags count! What a productive month you have had! The donation top will keep somebody special warm and your basket quilt is lovely.

Cheryll said...

You'll bring a smile to a little ones face with your Xmas bags...
Looking forward to seeing the basket quilt finished too...