Friday 31 December 2010

Another Year Over a New One Just (about) Begun

I seem to have so much to share today, so forgive me if I seem to ramble.

Firstly, I had the pleasure of meeting Chookyblue and having lunch with her yesterday.  She is just delightful and we hit it off straight away.  Isn’t it amazing how you meet fellow bloggers for the first time and it is like catching up with an old friend.  We look forward to catching up again at Nundle for the Girls Day in the Country in March.  I can’t wait for that weekend, it will be so much fun.

Remember the Verandah Views BOM that Cheryl from Willowberry Designs kindly shared in 2009? (She has just announced some projects for 2011 – Yay!)

Well, I started it and was very good at completing my stitchery each month at the beginning of that year.  We were going away for a few weeks, so I prepped a couple of months worth and took them on holidays with me to work on, and then brought them back home in the same state as they left.  LOL

Therefore, I was behind the eight ball and stayed that way.  I finished the stitcheries early this year and even embroidered the label WITH THE DATE 2010!!!

December 2010 027

The only problem was that apart from the stitcheries I hadn’t done any more.  So, I thought I’d better start on the rest today – yes on the last day of 2010 and I have at least completed the top.

December 2010 021

I’m quite pleased with the way it has turned out. Now I just have to quilt and bind it and then find somewhere to hang it.  Maybe that will be completed by the end of 2011.  You can’t rush into these things.

I do have a couple of little finishes for this month though.

A friend of ours was due to have her first baby on Christmas Eve, but he hasn’t arrived yet.  As I know he will be a boy I have made a few bibs for him.  I really enjoy making these.

December 2010 011

I have also made a few tea wallets as gifts, but I keep forgetting to take a photo.  Anyway, here is one of them.  They are so quick and easy to make.  The tutorial is from here.  I just substitute hat elastic instead of the fabric loop as a closure.

December 2010 005December 2010 009

Also, here is what I sent to Terry in Ohio for her SSCS gift.

November 2010 010

The pattern for the table runner was in an old Country Threads magazine.  I also sent a tea wallet and one of Anni’s woollen pincushion patterns.  It was a great swap to be a part of.

Finally, just because, here is Joey helping with the washing.  Isn’t he a good boy, stopping the wind from blowing the basket away. (He is normally impossible to take a photo of.)

December 2010 001

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and may it bring everything that you hope for. Summer has finally arrived here so it should be a lovely evening to celebrate.

By the way, at the beginning of this year I actually wrote down a list of 10 goals for 2010.  They were not specific items, more ideals.  Well, I read over them today and I can’t say that I really achieved any of them, so I think they will be my carry over goals for 2011. Let’s see how I go.

Cheers

Janice

11 comments:

loulee said...

Hmm, I seem to recognise that tea wallet. I like your version of verandah views.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So you had the pleasure of meeting the Chooky...don't tell her, but she is pretty awesome...LOL...your Verandah Views looks fantastic Janice...and I did see your table runner on Terry's blog it s just so lovely...and what's this new swap you and Chooky have planned...???? Happy New Year....

Maria said...

Well Janice you have done better than me. I have only saved the stitcheries to my Documents.
Yours look lovely.
Enjoy New Years eve and have a wonderful year in 2011

Terry said...

Your Verandah Vies top looks great! Well done getting it put together! And of course I love the table runner! :0)

Tracy said...

Lovely pictures Janice. I'm hoping to go the Girls Day in the Country too. It sounds like fun.
Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2011.
tracy

Kate said...

Wow, you certainly do have a lot to share. Gorgeous stuff. I hope you have thje most wonderful, creative year. X

Anita said...

Yay - we get to meet in Nundle!!!
Your verandah views quilt is really lovely.

Chookyblue...... said...

Janice it was so nice to meet you...........thanks for lunch......can't wait til we catch up again and yes it is so true it is just like meeting up with an old friend.......
I don't worry about the goals for 2011......don't want to disappoint myself when i change my mind.......
love what you sent to Terry in the SSCS.......

I saved verendah views I think each month but never got it stitched but I do like it so maybe one day.........

Jenny of Elefantz said...

So many lovely things made and finished, Janice! Oh, Joey, you are a cutie!!
Happy New Year dear friend!
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Teresa said...

Your Verandah views is lovely.. nothing like a deadline to inspire you to get something finished!!! Lots of lovely things you've shown and I really love the table runner. Joey is so cute in the basket.. my cat doesn't miss a chance to get in the wash basket either (when it's empty that is)... ha ha xx

Anonymous said...

Janice what a lovely morning I've had with a cuppa reading your Dec/Jan blog posts. I'm so far behind. Love your latest quilt. Look forward to catching up in Nundle. xx