Monday 18 April 2011

Just Playing

Yesterday was a glorious autumn day, so I had a wander around the yard and played with Mick’s camera.  It has lots of bells and whistles and I still have quite a bit to learn.  Mostly I think I will stick with my little point and shoot.

April 2011 Playing 082

The dahlias are at their best at the moment, but as we had our first couple of frosts last week their days will be numbered for this season.  I bought a few more bulbs in spring so we have a nice mix of colours now.

Dahlias

The Manchurian pear is just starting to turn.

April 2011 Playing 059

As is the white cedar.

April 2011 Playing 017

Remember when I found some green acorns on our oak tree back here.  Well, they are all on the ground now.  A second oak is a bit slower, as they are still hanging on the tree with green caps.

April 2011 Playing 066

I played with the collage in Picasa.  Zoom in to have a closer look at the wonderful colour at the moment.

Portrait colours collage

I know the photos are too small to really see in this next two collages, but they remind me of a ticker tape quilt with all the colours.

portrait tickertape collage

Like I said, just playing.

Autumn collage

Cheers, Janice

7 comments:

NessaKnits said...

Love your gate! Great photos!

Melody said...

Glorious photos.

Jewells said...

The blooms are just gorgeous, so are the photos..cheers!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Janice, those colours in the garden are glorious!!
I'm with you though, I like an easy camera. LOL!! I am so NOT a techie!
Hugs
Jenny

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful pics! I too enjoy to play!
Lisa

Chookyblue...... said...

keep playing with the camera.........lots of beautiful colour.........

Bec said...

Love your gate! So decorative and gorgeous and old!
Someone cut the scrollwork off our gate before we bought the place, it looks very plain, and mutilated.
Beautiful blooms, and your playing around looks great!