Wednesday 6 April 2011

Look What We Saw

We had to go into town the other evening and on our driveway we had to give way to this little fellow.

April 2011 001

He was well on his way by the time I had my camera out.  We decided to follow him to get a better look, but he did his best to hide from us.

April 2011 003

We’ve been out here for 14 years and this is only the third time we have seen an echidna.  It’s nice to know that they are around.

As we continued on our way into town there was the most stunning sunset. 

April 2011 011

I’m glad we weren’t just at home or we would have missed both of these great sights.

7 comments:

BubzRugz said...

I love echnidna's.... it was the first Australian wildlife we saw when we immigrated and I fell in love straight away..... so lucky to have one visit....
Hugz

Melody said...

How wonderful to have a little echidna visit. Gorgeous sunset too.

Kate said...

I don't see too many around here, just the aftermath in the garden!

Chookyblue...... said...

I love seeing echidna's..........what special things you found on your trip to town..........there has been a lot of colour in the sunsets lately as everyone is burning off cropping paddocks so the extra smoke in the late afternoon makes a difference..........

Maria said...

Echnidas are just gorgeous. It is so special to see one. we were lucky enough to have one visit and sit under DH's chair on the verhandah.He did not stay long.
Your sunset is really pretty.

manda said...

I love echidnas!!! You know a baby echidna is called a puggle? How cute is that? A puggle!!?

Anonymous said...

Now Janice I would have stopped to take a photo of this little guy too just not snakes and lizards.