Thursday 29 December 2022

I’ve Been Playing

It kind of annoys me when I don’t get to meet a goal that I have set at the start of the month.  Yesterday I mentioned that I hadn’t played with “Monique”, my Grace Q’Nique 14+ mid arm quilting machine.  Well, today we remedied that.

Just before Christmas, I treated myself to some accessories for her.
Firstly, a laser stylus to use with pantographs.
Then, for ruler work, I bought a ruler base plate.
A basic set of rulers.
And a set of hopping feet.  One for ruler work, an open toe foot and one for microstippling.

Finally, today I loaded a fresh practice piece on Monique and had a play.  To start with, just some random loopy loops and then some random scrolls.  I think they are what I will use on my first practice donation quilts.

Then, it was time to set everything up for some ruler work.
This is what I achieved.
Rather rough and ready (one even got scribbled out), but for a first attempt not as bad as I thought it would be.  I think this is something that I would like to explore more.

I haven’t had a play with a pantograph as yet.  That will be my next endeavour.  Wish me luck.

Best of all, I can tick that off my December goals.

6 comments:

ButterZ said...

You will have fun playing with Monique

loulee said...

Wow, you did good. I haven't really played with my rulers yet, pantographs are fun and you will be able to use larger patterns than myself having the longer machine.

Jenny said...

Clever old you! You will be churning out beautifully quilted pieces in no time at all.

Fiona said...

oh wow.... you are a natural if that's your first go.... and a wonderful set of tools you chose also....
Hugz

jude's page said...

Looks great Janice, nice stitching and tension looks good. Looking forward to watching you progress

dq said...

Very nice longarm play!! You are pretty darn good!!