Saturday 2 December 2023

My Goals for December

Here it is, the final goal setting for 2023!!! Let’s keep it simple, being that crazy time of the year.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
As I would like it completed before Christmas, my goal will be to turn my stitched Sashiko panel into a wall hanging.  I think I will just find a backing, bag it out with no binding, add a hanging sleeve and do some simple quilting to hold it together.  There is a bit of bling to add to it.  I’ll see how I go with that.  I have found a suitable hanger in my stash, so this should not take too long……that’s the theory anyway.

I’m linking up with Stories from my Sewing Room.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
I’m still on my little break and looking forward to getting back into it next year.

KNITTING AND CROCHET PROJECTS
I need to finish off my lacy coathangers.  Once again, it shouldn’t take too long…….once I start.
I am guessing that there will be a little more progress on my Spiked Granny Square Rug, as it is something easy to pick up for a few minutes.

HAND STITCHING
Our Friday Stitch and Chat group has now finished until the start of February, so that incentive to do handwork is not there at the moment.  However, our Wednesday Patchwork Group will continue to meet each week except for between Christmas and New Year, so I will continue to take some stitching along.  I would like to finish the “What Sweet Delight” stitchery, but it is not high on the priority list.

USE MONIQUE
I have another small quilt ready to load on her, so I do really wish to have it completed this month.

WIP/UFO
A few of the above projects fall into theses categories. 

FINISH SOMETHING
I jolly well hope so!  Quite a few things!

15 MINUTES A DAY
Yes, this is also a priority, as I have done quite well at keeping up with it.  There may be a day or two that miss out, but it is to be expected. 
OTHER GOALS

READ A BOOK
I slipped up on this last month. My report card would read “Janice needs to do better.”  I’m looking forward to getting lost in a book at some stage this month.

TRY A NEW RECIPE OR REVISIT AN OLD ONE
I’ve also been slipping up on this.  I’ll see what I can find. 

HAVE A FUN DAY OUT
Nothing specific planned, other than Christmas, so we will see what transpires.

GO AWAY IN THE CARAVAN
There are no plans at this stage.  It is too busy to be travelling and the garden needs attention at this time of year, so we prefer to stay home.

KEEP MY BLOG UP TO DATE
Wish me luck.  I will try.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Good luck with your list.
Some fun things there that you can get finished.

Susan Smith said...

Love reading your goals for the month & look forward to seeing the Christmas tree all blinged out & hanging. You did revisit one old recipe last month and it was yummy.(smile) Next year I should start doing the OMG too. We'll see? Not much gardening happening here with non-stop rain all day yesterday with over 50ml in the gauge by teatime last night. I must try and keep up with my blog too. Take care & hugs.

Fiona said...

Great plans ..... I love the look of your crochet...
Hugz

dq said...

Janice, your Christmas tree is gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Lots of goals, I'm sure you will finish the pretty sashiko panel in time to hang up for Christmas.

Raewyn said...

Good luck with all your goals Janice, it looks like a list without too many pressures - perfect for the busy month of December. I'm interested to see the bling that will be added to your Sashiko tree!

Tracy said...

Great to catch up on what's been going on.

Anne-Marie said...

Your stitching is gorgeous. Good luck with all your goals for the month.