Thursday 14 December 2023

Another Finish

With this finish I have achieved all I had wished for prior to Christmas.  Happy Dance.  And, it’s not even at the eleventh hour.

Back at the end of September I pieced a donation quilt using some “Cars” fabric I found in an op shop.   Well, finally I got around to quilting it.  
This time I used a new pantograph call Bauhaus Baby.  I was a bit nervous as to how it would turn out, as there are definite straight lines and I knew that I wouldn’t be able to follow it exactly.  It would be more organic than using a computer driven machine.
The first row looked a bit how’s your uncle, being on the plain border, but as I progressed and it created the all over texture I thought it looked okay.
I really like this quilt and hope that some little boy will too.  It fits into the “minimum effort for maximum effect” category, as the design is so simple.
Here is the backing showing a bit more of the texture.

I had decided to give myself a bit of a break until Christmas, but I just may have started a new project, one that I originally planned to complete between Christmas and New Year, but decided to get a bit of a head start.  I might be a bit excited about it.

8 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are on a roll, Janice. Great quilt and quilting too. Now I'm wondering what might have caught your fancy next. Happy Stitching!

Raewyn said...

Well done on the pantograph Janice - it has finished the quilt off beautifully!

Jenny said...

Your car quilt looks fabulous, a great example of a simple pattern and a great focus fabric playing so nicely together. Good on you for trying a new pantograph.

Susan Smith said...

Love that little quilt & your quilting & the pattern are great. Just a thought, but I know somewhere you could take a hero photo & I'm sure you'll know where I mean. Well done & I wish I could get out of my "no mojo" rut. How are those temperatures at the moment? Stay cool, take care & hugs.

cityquilter grace said...

adorable quilt...the stripe binding is perfect!

Cheryll said...

The quilt looks wonderful...& the quilting design is very much like one I use and it IS so effective. Well done on a nice donation.
Merry Christmas too xx

Karen's Korner said...

Very cute and love the checkerboards in the corners. The perfect quilting design for the fabric. Looking forward to seeing your new project.

Chookyblue...... said...

your doing great with the quilting........