Friday 14 January 2022

Some Nice Mail

When we returned from our holiday, there was a parcel waiting for me at the post office.  I knew exactly what it would be, and in the end, the timing was perfect, as the parcel I had sent to the recipient had arrived on the same day.  I sent mine on the 10th December and it arrived at the address in NZ on 7 January.  It didn't leave Australia until 23 December.  Just as well we were both patient.

Of course, it came from my good friend Lou.  So, what was in the parcel?
Firstly, there was her beautiful beaded Christmas Decoration.  A red one this year, to add to the blue one she made last year.  They will both take pride of place on my twiggy Christmas tree next year.  Mick was thrilled with the card, as he loves Far Side cartoons.
The main gift is very handy for the sewing room.  There is a nice block keeper, which will be really useful, a cute little bag, a pincushion, some sweet scissors in a scissor keep and one of those natty little needle cases that look like a lip stick.  Oh, and just to keep up our energy levels, there is some Scottish shortbread in a very cute little tin, which I'm sure will end up holding something in my sewing room.

Thanks so much for such a nice little collection.
The next mail, which I received today wasn't a surprise, as I had ordered it online.  What was a surprise, was how fast it arrived.  I ordered it on Sunday afternoon and it was here today, having come from Queensland.

I want to try new techniques, one of them being making a quilt using triangles.  
This is the Creative Grids Mini 60 degree diamond ruler.
I recently saw the Vintage Windmill pattern, which looks really involved, but when using this ruler, isn't so bad.  I always like the idea of maximum effect for minimum effort. The pattern just happened to jump into my online shopping cart, as did the ruler.  I think the ruler will be rather versatile, not just for this particular quilt.  

I have quite a collection of Denyse Schmidt fabrics and I think this may be the ideal project to use some of them.  

Don't expect me to be starting it anytime soon though, as, if  you read my last post, I already have one or two things I want to work on this year.

Watch this space.......eventually.

6 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Something nice to look forward to in your "to do retirement basket". Always nice to receive a package in the mail especially when it contains such lovely gifts.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely goodies and I do love the pattern your going to make

Maria said...

Some beautiful gifts in the mail from Lou and your online order looks interesting 🧐…
Something for you to look forward to.

dq said...

I love the Far Side as well! The bag swap is so funny!! Mrs. Claus should get a different colored bag for laundry or a basket.

THe Vintage Windmill is going to be a stunner!!!

dq said...

Ya, I went ahead and got the Vintage Windmill pattern - gotta make it!!

Jeanette said...

Lovely goodies from Lou. Vintage windmill looks wonderful, look forward to seeing your quilt. Hugs, xx