Saturday 20 April 2019

Scrub Stitchin' - Part 1

This time last week I was up at Baradine for "Scrub Stitchin'", organised by Chookyblue, and Sonia.

Unlike last year, when Mick came too and we took the caravan, this time I drove up by myself.


Which meant that I could stop and take a photo at my favourite spot between Sofala and Ilford.  It is such a pretty view.


It was the perfect morning for a road trip.  What was the best was that it was green all of the way and there were even some crops in.  This was just before you get to Dunedoo.


Dunedoo was the perfect spot to have a stretch of the legs and a coffee.


The silos in the middle of town would be perfect for adding to the silo trail.


Coonabarabran was the perfect spot to stop for lunch.  I always love the art deco front of this store.  Finally, I was in town when it was open, so got to have a peek inside.  Rather lovely gifts and homewares.


The Rotary Club has a very well stocked and well organised book store up a side street.  Of course a few came home with me.  I earned brownie points for the 1970 Motorcyle Racing book.


Before long I had arrived in Baradine.


And, Camp Cypress, our home for the next three nights.  I love the  sign.  It looks so retro.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely trip..... you always manage to find other interesting things to look at on a trip...
HUgz

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwikid said...

Wonderful trip, the books you got look great. Lovely to see the countryside green. I enjoy David Baldacci books.