Saturday 6 April 2019

One Monthly Goal for April


It's that time of the month again - time to put on my thinking cap as to setting my goal for stitching for the month.

This one wasn't too hard.  You see, next weekend I will be at Baradine at "Scrub Stitchin'" and need to have something to work on.  The rest of the month will be pretty busy, so my Baradine project will be my goal.


I've been prepping Splendid Sampler 2 blocks to applique, as I can just sit at my machine, without making too much mess and having to hop up and down to the iron and cutting mat.  That's the theory anyway.  Quite a few will need a little embroidery as well. I'll have about a dozen prepped, plus I will have a couple of extra blocks completed before I go.   

So my goal is to complete twelve SS2 blocks.  That should hopefully be doable.  As always, I'd rather have an achievable goal and possibly overachieve, that set something unattainable.

Of course, in the background I have my aqua Rainbow Scrap plus quilt blocks to make as leaders and enders and I have to make a swap gift for Baradine.  That little lot should keep me out of trouble.  I will take extra SS2 fabrics with me to Baradine, just in case I feel like making other blocks.....but realistically, I don't think that will happen.  By the end of that weekend I will be over halfway there, which will be a good feeling.

Pop over to Elm Street Quilts to see what the other ladies are planning for April and Thanks to Patty for providing the encouragement.

5 comments:

Fiona said...

you will have to pace yourself between sewing and catching up with friends.... I always like to be well prepared for a stitching retreat...
Hugz

Patty said...

These looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Gail said...

You've been busy with all your trips out and about and getting blocks made, now you're all ready for Scrub Stitching! Have fun!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your blocks are looking great! Have a wonderful time away at Bernadine x

Maria said...

Pretty Blocks you've prepared to take to retreat.