Thursday 29 February 2024

Posting on the 29th of February

 That is something that we don’t get to do every year.

Once again my month has been rather productive on the sewing front. I achieved my goals as well as a few other bits and bobs.


To recap, my Chookshed Stitchers’ Challenge was my first priority for the month and was completed in plenty of time.

My next priority was to complete “Betty” from the Just Two Charm Pack Quilts stitch along.  This was my One Monthly Goal. The aim was to have the top completed by 1 March.  I was pleased to have it quilted and bound as well.

My Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks were made- here and here.


My other goals were:

Work on a donation project.  All the above projects fit that bill.

Use Monique.  She worked her magic on both the above quilts.

Knit or Crochet Something.  

When I didn’t feel like doing a great deal I worked on my spiked granny squares.  Just four squares this month, but all progress is good progress, right?  I now have twenty five completed.  I think I will make five more and then crochet a cream round on each and join them together.  That should be large enough.  I have other things I want to work on, so I want to get this one out of the way.

Work on a WIP

My Blue Quilt always meets that goal.  I added the next narrow border and have now prepped the final border.  All the half dresdens are glue basted in place, ready for me to hand appliqué.  That will be a good project to work on during my stitching mornings.

Work on a UFO

I haven’t worked on my Laundry Basket Quilts Spring Mystery for a while and this is another one I would really like to get finished, so I can start something else.  

This is where I was up to at the start of the month.  Okay, it’s actually been sitting like this since July last year.  There are four quadrants like this.

During February I have prepared all the vines, leaves and berries to be machine appliquéd.  It look rather better doesn’t it.  My plan is to do the appliqué at Scrub Stitchin’.

Do some hand stitching.



I have made some progress on my latest Sashiko project.  It will eventually be a table runner.  The flowers and dragonflies are done and I have started on the first of three panels.  There is no hurry to make this one, so it will probably be put on the back burner while I work on the Blue Quilt border.

Complete something.

Well, the two quilts tick that box, but wait, there is more……

Going Down a Rabbit Hole - Literally

This was not on my radar at the start of the month, but how could I resist?  I saw a photo of an Easter bunny bag and decided to make some.  You see, our Patchwork and Bag Making Group are going to have a stand at the Bathurst Heritage Trades Trail in the middle of March and we can sell bits and bobs.  That is just a couple of weeks before Easter, so I thought these may be appropriate.

As usual, everything is from stash.  I didn’t have a real lot of suitable fabrics for the main bags, but these will do. It was fun choosing the fabrics for the ears.  

Ta da!  Aren’t they cute.  I hope someone else thinks so and gives them a home.

Oh, and I may have cut out some fabric for a Mystery Stitch Along “Octagon and Square” hosted by Stitching Notes and Nordic Crafter.  These two ladies make the most delightful projects, using gorgeous fabrics.  I found this pretty fat quarter in my stash and it will work nicely for fussy cutting.

My improvised window was very helpful.

I’m not going to start stitching it yet, as it may be a good project to use for demonstrating at the Heritage Trades Trail.

So much for finishing things and not starting more.  However, of the seven projects I have started this year five are already completed.  I have also completed three UFOs and worked on another five, so that is not too bad. (Yes, I’m keeping tally to try to keep me on track.)

As you can probably gather, I have managed to maintain my 15 minutes of crafting each day, and loving it. I'll be linking up over at Life in Pieces.

February = 29/29

Year to date = 60/60

Success rate = 100%

An ongoing aim is to tidy up my sewing room.  That is one big fat massive fail this month.  Oh my!  It is such a mess.  I really will have to have a major tidy up before I can start anything for March.  Wish me luck.

10 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Wow! That is brilliant, finishing so much this month. Slightly jealous. My PC is being fixed, so hopefully I'll soon be able to post again. My QAL with Cheryl is now awaiting quilting & hope to do that this weekend. Love those bunny bags. Take care & hugs.

Jennifer said...

The Heritage Trades Trail sounds fun! Well done on your productive month....you have put me to shame....love those cute bunny bags.

Michelle Ridgway said...

OMGOODNESS! so many beautiful finishes and projects. I didn't know what to look at first. You've definitely been on fire in February xx

Jenny said...

Congratulations you have been such a busy little bee. Those bunny ears bags are great, well done with thise too, I bet they will sell well.

loulee said...

Wow! You had a fantastic month. Thanks for the link to the mystery quilt. I need that like I need a hole in the head.....! Love your pretty floral though. And those bunnies, too cute.

kiwikid said...

Well done on a fantastic productive month and on reaching so many goals!! Love the bunny bags! So many wonderful projects!

Susan said...

cute bunny bags...I should make some . . ."should" being the operative word - I hope yours sell well
Clever trick re your window for fussy cutting.
excellent first quilt too - always liked that pattern.

I don't think sewing rooms are meant to stay neat & tidy if they are being used....

ButterZ said...

So many lovely projects. Those bunny bags are very cute. That hexy project looks interesting. Similar to Jacks Chain without the 9 patches

Fiona said...

Heaps done....
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

you always get so much done......
thats such a soft pretty fabric in the new block you cut at the end.........