Friday 9 February 2024

Fishy Happenings

Yesterday, the second block of Fishy Business was released and I was rather keen to add to the shoal.  I’m making these as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, using the month’s colour of red for the body of one fish and the details of the other.

It didn’t take too long to make them.

As I was stitching away I thought of the fish that Mick catches (if he’s lucky) called Redfin.  Then I was going to call the other one Red Emperor, after another species of fish, but Mick said it should be Blue Fin Tuna.  Whatever……it’s all a bit of fun.

15 comments:

ButterZ said...

There are so many finish you could name them. It’s going to be a fun quilt

kiwikid said...

Beautiful fish blocks, love your colour combinations.

dq said...

So nice to know the names of the fish I will be making!
Like I said before, why fret over colors when I can just diddo yours.
I love them!

Maria said...

Great Fishy RSC blocks.

loulee said...

Good looking fish. Hoping to get my RSC Kiwi made tomorrow.

Jennifer said...

Don't forget Red Snapper too!

Susan Smith said...

Loving the blocks & I'm sure you'll have fun naming them. Take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

I do like your fish blocks, so much that I have printed off the first pattern. Thinking maybe that I could make them for next years RSC, I've got plenty to do this year, including finishing off some older RSC quilts.

Susan said...

Love these - I like yours as the body for one and details for the other, so far I'm coping with all the one colour...I hadn't thought to name them!

Karen's Korner said...

Looks very fishy to me.

Fiona said...

The fish are fun...
Hugz

Sara said...

Very very cute!!

Sharm said...

The fish have come up well and are going to make such a fun quilt! I’m behind on the birds ……somehow I’ve missed the first part of February lol

Julie in GA said...

Your fish blocks are so cute! I'm still tempted to start making some myself, but have managed to resist taking on another project.

Jenny said...

You will have to get Mick to take up embroidery and name them all on the quilt . ha ha !!
I do love those little fishes.