Thursday 22 February 2024

I’ve Finished the Sparkly Dragonfly Quilt

Finally, I have cleared off Monique and quilted the Sparkly Dragonfly Quilt, using the Scroll Work panto that I like.

Once it was quilted, it didn’t take long to add the binding and stand back and admire.  I think it is so very pretty.  I hope some little girl will like it.

It was fun looking for something suitable for the backing.  I had wanted to use a flannel, but didn’t really have one suitable, or if it was, there was insufficient.  I’m quite happy about that, as it turns out, as I then found the perfect fabric for the back.  I’ve had the paisley fabric in my stash for years, bought because it was pretty.  I still have some more, so can use it for another backing, or maybe a section as the centre of a quilt.  Who knows.  Time will tell.

There is still enough leftover fabric from the quilt front and binding to make yet another small quilt. It will have to be quite simple and scrappy.  I hope to do that before long, so that the tub is emptied and another project can be planned.

The best thing is that my Number 2 of the Chookshed Stitcher’s 2024 Challenge has been completed. I’ll be linking up over at Deana’s blog at the end of the month.

15 comments:

dq said...

Wow! Look at that beauty!! Love it!

Two months in a row you were completely finished at mid-month check-in.

Maria said...

Well done with #2 challenge finished.
The little quilt is so pretty and can be reversed too as the backing is lovely as well.

Jennifer said...

That's a pretty quilt - any little girl would love it!

ButterZ said...

That’s a great finish and a little girl will definitely love it.

Laura said...

Congrats on such a sweet finish! :)

Susan Smith said...

Lovely & so good to know that your challenges are going well, (mine aren't). I'm sure that some little girl will love it. Even though we did get the storm yesterday evening, they weren't as bad as last weeks.
So good to speak yesterday, thanks. Take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

Great work, finished before the deadline. It really is a very pretty donation quilt.

loulee said...

A very pretty girly finish it is too. Yes a little or even a big girl will love it.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Dragonfly quilt is beautiful and so pretty
Sure to be a hit x

Jenny said...

I am sure some little girl will love that quilt. It's beautiful Janis

Janet O. said...

It is a very pretty quilt, and that backing worked out great. Congrats on keeping up with the challenge!

kiwikid said...

Congratulations! Great finish and wonderful to have #2 completed.

Fiona said...

Very very pretty...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely finish. A big girl would also love that pretty one.

Lianne makes stuff said...

That is a lovely quilt I am sure a young girl would love it, well done