Sunday 2 October 2022

Off to See the Wizard and Goals for October

We interrupt this program to advise that we have arrived home on Thursday 29 September, exactly twelve weeks after we left home.  I will continue to post the rest of the trip in the next few days.

In the mean time, it is time to set my goals for October.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
This month I will resume working on the churn dash quilt.  I have everything ready to go, so my goal is to stitch all the blocks together into a top. I’m looking forward to seeing all together.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
Last month the colour was light blue, so I have to make the blocks for that.  August was Orange.  I still have to make the 30s nine patches in that colour.  I”m not sure what the colour is this month, so will do those as well.  This is the last month of colours, so will then have to see where I am up to for putting together quilt tops.
EDIT: The colour for October is lime or light green. 

ONE PROJECT A MONTH
I don’t have any specific plans for this month, but I do hope to have something completed.

FRIDAY NIGHT WITH FRIENDS
Hopefully, I’ll get to play this month.

BLUE QUILT

No fixed plans, but I hope to make a few more EPP units.

READ A BOOK

I should get one book read.

TRY A NEW RECIPE

This is an ongoing goal. I have something in mind.

FRIDAY FUN DAY

Now that we are back home, we should find something fun do to one Friday.

GO FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE

This is something that we haven’t done for ages.  Now that the weather is warmer and we don’t have to go to work, we should be able to get out for a ride on one of the bikes.

That little lot should keep us busy.  Hopefully, I will be able to report back at the end of the month that all goals have been achieved.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Now you’re home and retired I’m sure you’ll be back in the swing of things and reach all your goals.
I like the colour fro your setting triangles and the top churn dash is done in my backing fabric and binding. 😀

Raewyn said...

I hope you are enjoying being home again, Janice, after your grand adventures! Have fun getting back into your sewing and routines again - and good luck with meeting your goals :-)

jude's page said...

Welcome home, and all the best in achieving your goals for the month, but I am sure you will.

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

It will be beautiful when all the blocks are together. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Karen's Korner said...

Where have those 12 weeks gone?????? Some good goals there. Enjoy.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Good luck finishing your churn dash quilt. You can do it!