Sunday 16 October 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Update

It took me a few days, but I have now ventured back into my sewing room and made a little progress on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.

Just to recap, we left on our trip in July and I got organised before we left and had my blocks for that month completed.

Orange was the colour for August and I had my orange HST blocks prepared and got them stitched while we were away.  The butterfly and nine patches had to wait until we returned home.
Light blue was the colour for September and all the blocks had to wait until we returned home.  I have now completed the HST blocks.
October is lime green and I have made my HST blocks.  After getting them finished, I discovered I had already prepared them for when we were away, so I have completed double.  That is actually a good thing, as I needed that many more for the quilt I will be making.
So, all my colourful HST blocks have been completed.  They now have to be made into these blocks.
The quilt was always to be a leader and ender, so I have a box of block components ready to work on at some stage in the future.  It may continue to be a RSC project next year.  We will see.

I’m still working on my butterflies and nine patches so will do an update on them shortly.

I’m linking up over at So Scrappy.  Pop over and see how the other girls are getting on.

6 comments:

Maria said...

You’re ahead of me with your lovely HST blocks for RSC.

loulee said...

Great to get all caught up.
Are you going to tell us about that sewing machine you found at the beginning of your long journey?

Flickenstichlerin said...

Hu Janice, hope my original comment will show...there was an issue with sending it off. Anyway, I am happy for you that you actually need the double made green HST's and love your progress.

Jenny said...

Always good to be caught up with RSC blocks.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely blocks, Janice. You look organized and ahead of the game there with that neat stack all ready to go. Enjoy the rest of your week now.

dq said...

Oh so nice and nearly organized. Doesn't it make you want to just start sewing?