Saturday 11 June 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Churn Dash Completed

I can’t believe that I have been so productive this month.

After my big couple of evenings making my eleven churn dash blocks for June, I got stuck in to make my ‘dark and bright blue’ RSC blocks.
Firstly, the half square triangles for the black and white quilt.
Then my 30s blocks.  I don’t really have any dark blue, so these will have to count as bright blue.
As I don’t need to make two of each colour to complete the quilt, I just made one of each this month.

I've linked up over at Soscrappy.
After three productive evenings, I was on a roll.  Therefore, I thought I might do the old “15 minutes in the sewing room a day” for the month of June.  Why not?  It’s not as if I have anything else happening.  Ha Ha!  I had missed one day already, but would see how we go for the rest of the month.

So, I started another batch of  churn dash blocks.  I completed five the next night.  It was taking about an hour and a half.  That was on Sunday.  What if I did that each night?  I would have the entire 41 completed by Friday.
Ta Da!  Forty one churn dash blocks completed.  My OMG was well and truly exceeded.

I’m not going to start on the sashing……I don’t think.  The quilt top is due to be constructed in October, so Iwill hopefully be home in time to get that done.  Otherwise, I may still be in catch up mode.  We’ll see what happens.

Now I have to find something else to play with during my 15 minutes each day.  I think I have plenty of options.

14 comments:

Maria said...

OMG 😱 all your Churn Dash blocks done…. Your method is a great fast way to go….
Lovely Blues for this month too.
What did you find to do your 15 mins a day?

Fiona said...

Well done with getting all your churn dash blocks done... great work...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

Definitely the over achiever of the group..... Lol

Chookyblue...... said...

I did think they were going on holidays........

Anonymous said...

Your blocks look great. Still to start my churn dash blocks, hopefully tomorrow. Hugs,

Jeanette said...

Hi Janice above comment is from me. My tablet for some reason listed me as anon. :( Hugs,

Flickenstichlerin said...

You did so well Janice, wonderful blocks, all done and started another stack. Amazing, I have not even started yet. Still debating on what I will do.

loulee said...

All of your churndash blocks done and the month not even half way done? LOL
I can see why though as you will be away.
I wonder what you will play with?

ButterZ said...

oh Wow. Your 15 minutes turned into 1 1/2 hrs a day. Well done with your churn dash blocks finish. Over achiever plus and well ahead. You can now enjoy your travels with no stress….

kiwikid said...

Well done with sewing all the churn dash blocks, you have had a very productive few days.

Jenny said...

Congratulations, 41 Churn Dash blocks done and dusted. Plus your blue RSC blocks dond too. You've done very well indeed.

Susan said...

Chooky may need to give you the high achiever award - well done!

jude's page said...

Guess you have a good reason to do them all, was wondering if i might get them done too, but am not going away

Annelein said...

You did a good job with your churn dash blocks.