Monday 29 April 2024

It’s Done.

Once again I have left my One Monthly Goal until the last moment.  This was also my Chookshed Challenge Number 9, so doubly important to get it achieved.

You may recall that my goal was to complete the Harry Potter donation quilt that had been sitting, cut out, for over twelve months.  I had the flimsy pieced at Scrub Stitchin’.

I’m happy to report today I have found some backing and batting pieces that will work, joined the backing, quilted and bound it.

I used the stars pantograph, as I did in the first version of this quilt that I made last year.

What made me very happy was that I won the bobbin lottery, not once, but twice during the quilting process.  Firstly, I used the last little bit on a bobbin to bast the top of the quilt and ended up with a couple of inches of thread left over.  Then, I was watching my first bobbin, and it ended up stitching right to the end of a row, to the very last stitch, so there was nothing on the bobbin when I ended off.  Phew!

While I’m going, let’s do a round up of this month’s stitching.

My Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks were completed.

The Split nine patch while at Scrub Stitchin’.

The fish after I returned home.

Now to wait for a week or so until the next pattern is released.  I believe the colour is pink, so some pretty fish next time.

My spiked granny rug has the squares joined together, awaiting the ends to be woven in and the border to be added.

I have stitched some of the appliqué on the batik fish.  Five done, except for the eyes.  They will gradually be caught up when I want something simple to sew.

My Sashiko panels have once again seen the light of day.  The first and second panels are now complete and the third half done.

I progressed my Laundry Basket Spring Mystery Quilt.

The Half Square Triangle Baby Quilt also reached the flimsy stage.

Add to this the swap gift I made for Scrub Stitchin’.

There weren’t many finishes for the month, but several projects have been moved along.

I’ll link up with Deana for the Chookshed Stitchers Challenge, So Scrappy for Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Stories From the Sewing Room for One Monthly Goal.

I know I’m jumping the gun by a day, but I am confident that I will have achieved  my 15 minutes each day.  Some days that was all I did. I’ll be linking at Life in Pieces.

April = 30/30

Year to date = 121/121

Success Rate - 100%

All in all, I'm happy with the month.

17 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Heaps to report on.... Well done

Maria said...

Your #9 Harry Potter quilt looks great with the star quilting…
A good collection of fish 🐠 🎣 🐟
Nice work on your other projects.

cityquilter grace said...

all very nice finishes but my fave has to be the edyta sitar piece....love it

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a wonderful month of sewing!!!

Anne-Marie said...

So much eye candy here! Beautiful! And winning bobbin chicken is always the best.

Jenny said...

Havent you done well!

Susan Smith said...

Well done you! Your achievements are many & varied & loving them all. Enjoy the last day of April, take care & hugs. Talk soon.

ButterZ said...

Great progress for the month with many projects. Your fish are swimming along nicely.

Ma Betty said...

Wow, what a wizz! My grandson came this morning and we've done a lot of garage sorting but he has had to leave early so whoopy I have an afternoon of sewing!

Susan said...

Another productive month - the batik fish are looking great, as well as the RSC ones.

I think I need a Monique

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lots of lovely work. I love the Laundry Basket quilt. The fish are looking good too.
Very sweet set for Scrub Stitchin.

Kate said...

Such fun projects! Your Sashiko panels are so pretty. Both schools of fish are looking pretty cool. Congrats on all the stitching time. Hope you have an equally productive May.

Narelle said...

Wow, you've had a very productive April.

Fiona said...

Thats a lot of fabulous projects and bobbin chicken wins... love the look of your granny squares...
Hugz

Hanne said...

Beautiful finishes :-)

loulee said...

Another successful sewing month.

dq said...

Your swap gift is so very nice! You really put some time and thought into it!

Laundry Basket Mystery is phenomenal! Will you do the borders too? I am hopeful that number pops up this summer when I will have more time for hand applique'