Friday 3 May 2024

My Goals for May

It’s that time again and this time I had a little dilemma, which has delayed me deciding what to work on.  Also, since coming home from Scrub Stitchin’ I seem to have been at sixes and sevens with my crafting.  Not really enthused, not many projects with hand stitching to take to my stitching mornings, and hitting a couple of road blocks.  

In the end, this is what I came up with.

CHOOKSHED STITCHERS’ CHALLENGE

The number selected by Deana is Number 5.  That is listed as “New Zealand Project (Work on any New Zealand inspired Project)”. This was to align with the girls making kiwi blocks, which I don’t plan to do.  I’d been hoping this number wouldn’t come up for a while, as I have a dilemma.  When we visited New Zealand back in 2015 I bought some kiwiana fabric to make something with.  Well, I can’t find it!  I’ve hunted high and low and wasted a lot of time in doing so.

Having said that, I did sort out a few boxes of  “Stuff” and got rid of a lot of obsolete things in the process.

I have admitted defeat and won’t waste any more time looking for the fabric.  Of course, it will turn up fairly soon, once I stop looking for it.  Murphy’s Law.

Time to think of a substitute project.  I’m going to substitute the Half Square Triangle baby quilt that I pieced at Scrub Stitchin’.  My plan is to quilt and bind it, ready to donate.  That should be fairly simple.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL

As I want to keep things simple this month, I think my goal will be to get all the Batik Fish that I have prepped stitched down, including two more for this month, once the pattern is released next week.  Five are already done, except for the eyes, so it should be achievable.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

The colour this month is pink.  I will make my usual split nine patches and two fish blocks.

15MIUNTES OF CRAFTING A DAY

Despite seeming to have lost a bit of my sewjo over the last few weeks, I still have managed to keep up with my 15 minutes a day.  I plan to keep up with this during May.  

Now for my other goals.  We will be going away for a short trip this month, so I will have to make sure I have something portable and fairly mindless to work on for a little while each day.

  • Work on a donation project - HST Quilt
  • Use Monique - HST Quilt
  • Knit or crochet something - still to be determined, but I’m wanting to start a jumper, the first for many, many years.
  • Work on a WIP - Not sure what will be happening here, but maybe, just maybe, my Sashiko panels may turn into something.  We’ll see.
  • Work on a UFO - HST Quilt
  • Complete something - HST Quilt
  • Hand stitching - I don’t really have anything on the go at the moment,  This is something I have to decide on and get started.
MY OTHER GOALS
Pretty much the same as usual.
  • Read a book
  • Try a new recipe
  • Go away in the caravan - this should happen
  • Have a fun day out
Now to see how I go.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I do like those fish blocks.

Susan Smith said...

You sound like me at the moment with not a lot of mojo. Must get some ideas too for this month & with a little push...maybe I'll get a few ideas. Thanks for the update, take care & hugs.

Sharm said...

Wow - lots of planning /goals for May and I’m sure you will achieve most of them. Those fish blocks now all together have really grown on me …I’m loving the way they are coming along!! Maybe your hand stitching can be replaced with knitting in the interim ….. especially since you are looking to cast on a jumper! I’d “forgotten” about my other lists last month ( seems hand stitchin the quilt was all my brain was taking on lol) ……but I was meant to cast on a new jumper …..I did narrow it down to a few patterns but never made a final decision ……I might do that this month!

loulee said...

The fish blocks are coming along nicely.
Yep! You'll find that fabric the day after you achieve the replacement goal. LOL

ButterZ said...

It’s good to have goals and you do so well. You have some great projects going on. Hopefully some finishes coming up too.

cityquilter grace said...

always wise to have a stack of UFOs around so we can improvise...lol...love those fish!

Anne-Marie said...

I really enjoy those fish blocks. Hope you find your fabric, or it finds you, soon.

dq said...

Love that baby quilt! It will be a good substitute for the missing project. It will turn up some time. As a matter of fact, I have been wondering lately where my Laundry Basket Mystery quilt is. I need to locate it before that number turns up. I may have to use your baby quilt design to make for my new grandbaby coming this fall!

Chookyblue...... said...

its a bugger you cannot find that NZ fabric.........hope it does surface.....