Sunday 2 July 2023

My Goals for July

Here it is, the start of a new month and time to set my goals.  This month I refuse to make a comment that things might be a bit quieter, as the last two months have been busier than ever, despite my predictions.

Firstly, to my stitching goals.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
I am starting to use this goal to give myself a little push to work on something that has been waiting in the wings for a little while, despite my best intentions.  Therefore, this month I will make my goal to complete the appliqué and stitchery on the centre block of my Blue Quilt.  
I prepped it ready to stitch just over twelve months ago, so it is high time to make some progress.  I made an amendment to the design, as the two options for the word in the centre were “Blue” or “Love”.  Neither really appealed.  “Hope” suits it, and us, much better.

Once this block is completed I can start to work on the construction of the quilt, rather than the separate components.  I did say this would be a two year project, so it is still on track, but I really need to get a wriggle on.

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
The colour for July is Red.  Time to pull out the scraps to cut the split nine patch and put the black and white blocks together.

15 MINUTES A DAY
This little challenge is really giving me the push I need to achieve some little thing each day.  It works well to have something rather simple on hand for those days when you don’t have the time or inclination to work on something for any length of time.

KNITTING OR CROCHET
I will continue to work on my giant granny crochet rug.  With a bit of luck it will be finished this month.

LAUNDRY BASKET SPRING MYSTERY QUILT
This mystery started last month and runs for six weeks.  I have the first three weeks completed but am dragging the chain.  Week 4 is four pieced blocks, which should be easy, but I can’t decide on fabrics.  Week 5 consists of twelve hexy flowers.  I think Week 6 will be applique.  I hope to catch up, but will not promise a completed quilt top, as I don’t know how much more work will be involved.  The design style is a bit different to the previous years, but I’m sure will be lovely, as are all of Edyta’s designs.  

HAND WORK
This will be an easy goal this month, as there is stitching on the Blue Quilt Centre and I have all those hexy flowers to complete.

WORK ON A DONATION PROJECT
I hope to make and complete yet another simple quilt.

USE MONIQUE
If I make a donation quilt it will need quilting.  I don’t anticipate to be quilting anything else, but who knows.

LEADER AND ENDER
Last month I used my RSC blocks as leaders and enders and hope to do so again.
Now onto my non stitching goals.

READ A BOOK

TRY A NEW RECIPE

HAVE A FUN DAY OUT

GO FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE

GO AWAY WITH THE CARAVAN

CATCH UP ON MY BLOG POSTS

Being the middle of winter I don’t anticipate a motorcycle ride or trip with the caravan, but then, you never know what may happen on the spur of the moment.

My main goal this month is to catch up with my blog posts, as we have been up to all sorts of things and I haven’t documented them as yet.  Time to get my act together.

Now to get started.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Lots of goals set and ready to be worked on. You have made good progress with your rug. We've just come back from a winter caravan trip, rather wet and soggy underfoot at the camp grounds. And we drove back home through wind, rain and a sprinkle of snow!

Susan Smith said...

I'm impressed with your beautiful applique & the word HOPE was my word for last year, though I never picked one for 2023. I've also joined in with OMG a couple of tines & really should more often. Hope you achieve some of your goals, though not sure in this lousy weather we are experiencing that motorcycling would be enjoyable. Might bump into you one day at a caravan park. Thanks for sharing your makes, take care & hugs from a miserable Gippsland.

loulee said...

Yes, Hope does work much better for you. LOL
I'm sure you will have a great month.

Fiona said...

It's amazing how days fill up isn't it..... great goals and your Hope quilt is going to be so gorgeous....
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

You are going to be one busy girl getting through that list. Good luck with it.

maggie fellow said...

beautiful applique - good luck with your goals

Anne-Marie said...

Good luck with your goals. I like that you included non-stitching goals as well.

dq said...

I am anxious to see how "Hope" progresses this month as well as your mystery quilt. I am putting my Chooky EPP lessons to good use on Week 5 of that mystery. It will be over before we know it.

jude's page said...

I am sure you will be on target with your list. Makes me feel a bit slack as there is not too much production happening here at the moment.

Nancy said...

Your Hope block is so beautiful. You may have posted some of the other blocks for this quilt but I don't remember them, so I'm looking forward to seeing this quilt progress.
Best wishes for success in all your goals this month! (I feel tired reading them.)