Monday 24 April 2023

Scrub Stitchin’ - Part 1

Wednesday was rather exciting, as we greeted one another, some not seen for twelve months, others being met in real life for the first time, after getting to know one another via our fun Chookshed Stitchers Zoom days.
Mick took a photo of the freshly set up room when he delivered my sewing machine for me. He’s a keeper.  More on those spotty bags later.

Now, I was somewhat remiss with my photo taking, so I am borrowing a few of these from the group photos.
Here are Jo and I with Tracy and Deana from the USA, Chris from Canada, Gail from the USA, Lou from NZ and Sylvia from Germany.  Raewyn from NZ and Sue from Victoria had not arrived at this stage.  It was somewhat surreal having all these ladies together in the one room.

We set ourselves up, ready for some serious stitching and made a good start.  The suggested project this time was the Moda Love quilt.  I was looking online for some colour inspiration and came upon a variation of the design, so decided to make that.
I had it cut out and marked before I left home, so it was time to play with some colour.  I am using some nicely matured Denyse Schmidt fabrics that I have been saving for a special project for many years.  It was nice to finally use them.  These squares finish at 2 inches.

Next it was dinner time, so off we all went to the local pub.  This is the one event over the weekend that husbands are invited to.  There were nine fellows in the background this year.
Lots of smiling faces.
After dinner, it was back to the sewing machines.  By bedtime, I had finished the first section of my quilt. Happy with the progress so far.  This finishes at 16 inches.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Still love your Moda quilt

Chookyblue...... said...

So much fun..... Love Denyse fabrics.....

loulee said...

It was very exciting to arrive and see just how many people would be joining us. You made great progress on your quilt top, beavering away quietly at the end of the long table.

jude's page said...

I love the colours you have chosen for your Moda Love project, especially the background fabric.

Raewyn said...

It was a fun first night - I wondered when that 'international' photo was taken, that I missed out on!!! I (still) adore the fabrics you chose for your Moda Love quilt.