Tuesday 4 April 2023

March Wrap up and April Goals

Well, March ended up being a rather busy month.  So, how did I go with my goals?
I met my OMG, completing the Harry Potter quilt.  I also ended up making two cot quilts and a table runner.  That ticked a few boxes - one project completed for the month, donation items and playing with Monique.
The green blocks were made for RSC.

I also made progress with my Blue Quilt EPP and my knitted scarf, both of which are still ongoing.

Finally, I made a start on some secret stitching.  No leader and ender progress was made.
I did try to keep up with 15 minutes of crafting each day.  Once again, it was often only just 15 minutes and it was all knitting. I did miss one day.

My tally is:
15 minutes day/week = 6/7
15 minutes day/March = 29/31
15 minutes day/April = 2/2
15 minutes day/2023 = 88/92
Success rate = 95.65%

I can live with that. I’m linking up with Life in Pieces.
Outside of stitching, we used our caravan, I read one book and we listened to two more.  We had quite a few fun days out.  However, no new recipe was tried and we didn’t get out on any of the motorcycles.
Now, onto April…..

Like the last couple of months, the first half of April will also be crazy busy.  Therefore, I’m really cutting back on my goals.

ONE MONTHLY GOAL
My goal will be to make a quilt top at Scrub Stitchin’ using the fabrics I prepped a little while ago.  

RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE
The colour this month is purple.  It won’t take me too long to get my blocks made….later in the month.

15 MINUTES A DAY
I still hope to continue with this theme.  It keeps me grounded.  I’ve no idea what I will work on.  Whatever takes my fancy at the time.

And that is all the goals I am setting.  I’m not setting any non stitching goals this month.

As the Doris Day song goes “Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be….”.  It will be nice to just have a breather.

I’m linking up with Elm Street Quilts.

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

You were very productive in March. I think you've earned a breather.
Can't wait to see what you will be making with your beautiful pile of prepared fabrics.

Susan said...

Looks as if you are almost organised for SS...and you just about met all your goals!

Raewyn said...

In spite of your busy-ness you managed to make quite a lot of progress last month! Four finishes is a great tally - especially when they encompass charity making and Monique practise. Having that little push to just do 15 minutes of something each day is rewarding when the results start to build up and the figures look good! Safe travels! I will catch up with you soon!!!!!!

Kate said...

You had a really productive March. Good luck with all your goals in April.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow Janice, what a lovely group of finishes and stitchy progress in this post! I also just love those fabrics you have chosen there...gorgeous. Enjoy your week now.

loulee said...

You had a productive month, even though you were away.
3 more sleeps! Can you tell I'm excited?

Jenny said...

Enjoy your time at Scrub Sitching, but I guess that's a given!

Maria said...

Well done with your finishes Janice.
None for me this month. Guess I miss Kris’s OPAM!
Lovely pile of fabrics to take to Scrub Stitching 🧵.

Susan said...

Great fabric pull. I look forward to seeing what you do. I am behind in recording my times and my stash, so I need to catch that up this week!

Anne-Marie said...

Love the fabric pull. You are doing great with your goals. I'm envious.

kiwikid said...

You achieved heaps in the Month Janice. I am sure the 15 mins a day will be achieved no worried at SS.

Chookyblue...... said...

i've some of those fabrics......you got more variety.......can't wait to see what you make with them at Scrub Stitchin'