It has been a fairly quiet week this past week, but I do have two little finishes to share.
Yes, I have continued to spend at least 15 minutes in the sewing room or knitting every day. That keeps my copy book unblemished for the year. 100% success rate.......so far..... That will shortly change.
Anyway, most of the week consisted of just a short time knitting my sock and today I finally finished it.
The stripes don't line up. However, this was my first go at socks, so I'm pretty happy with them. I think I may have to knit some for Mick now. We'll see.
My second Ta Da is the little baby quilt. What a drama!!!!!
My test quilting had been going fine.......then......
I loaded the little quilt on the frame, changed the colour of the thread and stitched the first partial row. I had a look and it had skipped a few stitches. Not enough to undo, but still not good. I changed the needle, although it was very new, and the problem went away. Yay!
Then, I quilted three rows and after I wound it on I discovered that the bobbin tension was too tight! Aaaaah! At one spot there was a birds nest as well. There was nothing to do but unpick it all. Not that it was too hard with the tight tension.
Let's rethread top and bottom and see if that makes a difference. Tested and no. I then put my previous test quilt back on and fiddled with the tension until it looked OK. I hadn't touched the tension, but let's hope that does the trick.
It ended up OK. I know that it is fairly rough and ready, but as my Dad used to say "A blind man would be glad to see it".
I used a free pantograph called Flower Power. The texture on the back looks rather nice.
In other happenings, Mick has been plugging away with the mechanics of the BMW motorcycle he purchased while we were away. There was more needing to be done than initially expected. He would fix one thing, just to find another problem. He took it for a little test ride today and he thinks it is ready to get registered on historic plates. It's been quite a journey to get to this point. Mind you, it has kept him occupied.
The other thing Mick has done is remove his company name from his ute. He has decided it is finally time to wind down his business and be fully retired. It's a bit sad, as it is the end of an era. He worked for himself for 23 years.
Now you see it...
Now you don't... It looks rather plain. He may have to have a decal of some description added.
And that’s about it for the past week.
I’m going to link up over at Life in Pieces.