Tuesday 1 December 2020

December Goals

Here we are at the last month of the year and time to set my goals for the month.  I've enjoyed setting my little goals each month, and other than last month, have done pretty well in achieving them.

December is always a busy month, so I need to keep that in mind with my goal setting.

So, here goes.....

1.    ONE MONTHLY GOAL

I'm quite disappointed in myself that I didn't achieve my OMG last month.  Therefore, I need to set something fun and achievable for this month.


I think it will be to make my two Rainbow Scrap Challenge cushions.  I need to make one more pineapple block on my 30s prints one and then turn them both into cushions.  It will be great to have my RSC projects completed within the year.

2,    RAINBOW SCRAP CHALLENGE

Although all the colours have been revealed, it will be good to finish my two cushions within the calendar year.  Then I will decide if I wish to participate again next year.

3.    BLOCKHEADS 3


I was slack and only completed one block in November.  Not only that, there will be five blocks released during the month of December.  Therefore, I will have to knuckle down and do lots of stitching in December to catch up.  After December there will only be a further three blocks to go.  I'm quite excited about completing this quilt. 

4.    CHRISTMAS PROJECT


I'm not sure what I will make, being so close to Christmas, but I'd better make some little thing, just to complete my challenge for the year, without missing a beat.

5.    ONE PROJECT A MONTH

I know I will have something to report for OPAM, as I have my November finishes to report.  It would be nice to have something extra to add to the list as well.

6.    WOOFA CHALLENGE
Having had a big fat fail last month, I do hope to work on a UFO in December.  I will not nominate which project it will be, as I don't want to set myself up for failure.  It would be nice to be my Clam Shell Sewing Roll, but if I still don't feel like working on it, I will find something else to play with.

I will have some time off work between Christmas and New Year, so I do look forward to playing in the sewing room in that time.


Now to my non-stitching goals.

1.    READ A BOOK

I'm quite sure that will happen.

2.    TRY A NEW RECIPE

I never know what this will be at the beginning of the month, but it is fun playing with a new recipe.

3.    GO FOR A MOTORCYCLE RIDE

I doubt if this will happen, as we don't particularly like riding in the heat.  Then again, you never know what will happen.

4.    GO AWAY FOR A WEEKEND IN THE CARAVAN

Yes, the van is packed, ready to go.  I can't wait.

5.    FRIDAY FUN DAY

I'm not sure if there will be a separate Friday Fun Day, or if it will be incorporated into our little trip.  That's half the fun, not knowing what will take place in the coming month.

6.    GO FOR WALKS

We'll try.  We do lots of walking while we are away and do like walking around at night looking at all the Christmas lights, in the cool.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Good luck with your goals, you always seem to get most of them done. Its always great to read about your trips away too, and the new recipes you make. Just do the best you can, and enjoy Christmas, how come its December already?

Cheryll said...

Sometimes things just get in the way...
Good luck with the "goals" set for December...
Merry Christmas xox

Karen's Korner said...

Some nice goals there both in and out of the sewing room....enjoy achieving them.

kiwikid said...

I am sure you will knock over your goals this month no problem.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just want to say Janice, how much I enjoyed your gardening post. I am always looking for ideas and love to see what other gardeners are doing. Kudos to you both! Meanwhile, I know what you mean about not setting yourself up for failure by naming things...I often don't quite make the OMG and I used to feel disappointed in myself. I try hard to not overwhelm myself. Meanwhile, goal setting does work; I love the one where you get away in the caravan. That sounds heavenly to me!

Maria said...

You've some nice goals to achieve this month so good luck with them.

jude's page said...

I am sure you will achieve the list you have set, you seem to be more disciplined than I am. I can easily go off on a tangent. I do write lists at the beginning of each week with the quilts I hope to get done for customers, but often some of those move to the next week, but hey, isn't semi retirement supposed to be flexible??

Flickenstichlerin said...

Yeah to all your goals, neat ideas and projects.

Susan said...

Christmas project??? maybe a set of coasters - that is quick!!!

Enjoy your Christmas, your break from work & time in your sewing space.