Wednesday 22 April 2020

I Have Been Stitching

I had quite a few stitching goals this month and have been making some slow progress with them.

My stitching seems to only take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.



I cut out my "light and bright blue" Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks at the beginning of the month and finally got around to stitching them up.  Still not my favourite blocks to make, each quarter  being only three inches, but I'll stick with them.

Next I worked on the latest two Blockheads 3 blocks.


This week's was a tad fiddly and for the first time I used my Easy Angle Ruler to help with the sizing of the larger triangles.  It worked like a charm. This is an eight inch block.

When I had finished the block I realised that it also works for this month's RSC colours. Bonus.


The next block was foundation paper piecing, and after I had the quarter blocks made I had a play around with the arrangements to see how the different variations looked.  It was a bit of fun.


I then pieced it as per the pattern.  It came together well. This is another eight inch block.


That completed fourteen blocks - a quarter of the blocks completed.  I had planned my sizes of the blocks to make a quarter of the quilt.  The four quarters will end up at 64 inches, so with a border should be a good bed topper size.

I'm happy with how it is looking, but will not join the blocks together at this stage, just in case I add some different fabrics to the mix and need to spread them a bit more evenly.  

The next block is released tonight.

Finally, I have finished the embroidery on my mini quilt "Happy Thoughts".  On Sunday I sat in the sum on the back verandah to finish it off. A rather pleasant way to spend some time.


This is my UFO for the month and also my One Monthly Goal is to have it finished.  I'm pretty sure that is achievable, as it shouldn't take too long to quilt and bind.  This was started when I used to use a thin pelon as a stitchery backing, so I still have to decide whether to add another layer of thin pelon of just quilt it as it is.

I still have to work on my Splendid Sampler 2 quilt.  I didn't set any specific goal this month other than to "progress" it.  I'll have a look over the next couple of days and see what I do.

The Christmas quilt top I made is sitting there waiting to be quilted and bound.  I'm not sure if I will get to it this month or not, but having the top made is sufficient anyway.

9 comments:

Maria said...

Well done completing the RSC blocks ..
Your block head foundation block is fantastic and good to nearly have The Happy Thoughts finished...

Raewyn said...

Lots of deliciousness here Janice! All your blocks are lovely. I like how this year's BH blocks seem to have a little more variety or something about them. I'm still tempted to start but am now, as you remind me, quarter of a quilt behind!!! (The story of my life!) Well done on the progress on your goals too. Your stitchery piece is very sweet.

Fiona said...

Your blocks are so lovely.... and they are growing in numbers quickly it seems....
Hugz

Jenny said...

Lovely, especially your Happy Thoughts, so pretty. I haven't done any work on my stitchery projects for ages, just do something about that soon, I think.

kiwikid said...

Well done with the blocks Janice, they look amazing. Love the paper pieced one. Your mini with the stitchery looks lovely too.

Cheryll said...

I LoVe how all you blocks look together. They will make wonderful quilts once finished. Good luck with your goals too...xox

loulee said...

You've been busy again. Your block heads look really good together.
Your stitchery should be fine without the extra pelon, just layer and quilt it. It will look great on your wall with your other minis.

Pink Rose said...

Good morning Janice wow I love your blocks ,the colours are stunning,you have been very busy,have fun achieving your goals,hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many wonderful projects on the go! What color are you hoping for this month?