Thursday 28 January 2016

Am I Biting Off More Than I Can Chew?

I keep  telling myself that I don't want to put myself under pressure with my stitching, rather just go with the flow.  However, that often means that not much at all gets done.

This year I seem to have made a few commitments.


Firstly, One Project a Month hosted by Peg and Kris.


Every year this keeps me motivated to complete something, even if it is little.  Sign up is open until the end of  January if you want to join in the fun.


Next is the 2016 Finish-A-Long hosted by Jess from Elven Garden Quilts.


In this one, you nominate what projects that you wish to complete in the current quarter of the year.  When you read some of the posts they are very ambitious.  My list for this quarter only has three items.  I'm trying to be realistic, particularly as we are going to be flat out between now and then.


Thirdly, I've joined in the Modern HST Sampler QAL hosted by Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts.


In this project there is a new 12" block each fortnight.  I'm hoping that is achievable.  It is a great incentive for me to use some blue and white fabrics I have in the stash.


I've also decided to have a go at linking up with Cath from Bits 'n Bobs for Design Board Monday.


 Some weeks I will have something to share, whereas others I won't.  I'll just do what I can.


In the background I hope to continue on from last year by making a Christmas item each month.  So far, so good.


That little lot should keep me amused.  If you look closely, you will see that quite a few double up, so it isn't as much as it looks.  It all should be a bit of fun.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Of course you're not biting off more than you can chew! It's important that you don't run out of sewing, that would be a disaster.

Fiona said...

It's good to have goals... I also feel I bite off more than I can chew but not having somethign to sew is far worse than having too much to sew!! haha
Hugz

Ali Honey said...

That sounds quite a bit. Thanks I now know what OPAM stands for. I had't quite worked it out.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I think I've done the same thing here! Never mind it will help me keep going (that's the idea anyway lol!)