Saturday 10 October 2009

Wash Cloth Swap Received and Letter in Homespun

I was very happy to hear that Liz received her wash cloth swap package on Thursday. This is what I sent to her. I enjoyed knitting the butterfly pattern from here. The variegated cloth has a great texture, simply by doing double crochet into the back of the stitch below, rather than through the complete stitch, if that makes sense. Anyway, I love the effect with the colourful yarn.

Thanks Jodie for arranging such a great swap.

Australian Homespun magazine arrived in the letterbox yesterday. I was flicking through it last night and was delighted to see my softie I made earlier in the year. I’d forgotten that I’d sent photos in to the magazine, after Megan the Technical Editor saw it on my blog. Very exciting, I must say!

The big car race is happening in town tomorrow, so there are lots of people around and we have some friends arriving soon to stay, which will be nice. Mum and I went down the street this morning and it was surprisingly quiet, as all the visitors to town were up at the Mount watching the final qualifying and practice. We found a new dress for her to wear to her party in a fortnight’s time.

I’m now going to try and do a little bit of stitching before our guests arrive.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely washcloths . Congratulations on your magazine spot !

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Well done on getting your softie published! Your washcloths are lovely.